The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Thats exactly it mate, other than a few on here i dont know anyone either that wants him out. Sure we all have greivances with the odd decision but thats the nature of football in the end. The only pressure really is that its a results business and it never looks good when home games are lost and some fans decide to boo. The idea of swapping him for Pardew or the like sickens me as i really cant see how it could improve us tbh.

Crumpy is the only one I know who really wants him out. Toons Taylor have been rather critical of him, but I'm not sure he wants him out.

that's what i thought, so in reality the "overreaction" is actually on behalf of people assuming/implying other people want him out when they actually don't :lol:

gold

weird this situation though isnt it. when hughton was appointed, the general consensus was he's got the job because he's cheap and he wont demand lots of money for transfers, since then he's done a very solid job in getting us promoted, has been backed to a satisfying degree with transfers and loans, especially in january last season.

and here we are back in the premier league, doing ok, albeit with a poor home record, and all of a sudden he's under pressure. why? why would ashley, having pretty much fluked his way into finding a good man for the job, decide to trade him in for someone else with all the instability that brings? its plain as day ashley only cares about money and if hughton's not looking like costing him any by taking us down, why would he change it?

to be honest i can see the logic in not renewing his contract until he keeps us up, but, i'd back him to bring us up again next season if the worst happens. the players will know the case too and if they do really have spirit they should be playing for him as well as themselves.

Tbh, I think the Board should consider renewing Hughton's contract now. All of this speculation might end up affecting both the manager and players.

I think it was common knowledge beforehand that his contract would be revised in January, and they might well resent being pushed into bringing forward a decision which they would ideally have liked to have postponed for a while longer. However, that's the difference between running a normal business and running a football club. There's a strong political element, and a great deal of media and public scrutiny, not all of which is fair or sensible. It won't go away. It's part of the job.

can someone do a recap: who are the posters on here who want him out? 

I've seen the odd comment and cant remember who, i do remember seeing a few people spazzing out after the blackpool game and Stoke at home.

But i put that down to initial reaction after a bad result.

Otherwise no one i can think of directly.

Its mostly Crumpy, mostly.

It's a shame it's all come to this. I'm in agreement that I think we should come out with a deal for Hughton now to settle this, as it could end up a cloud over our season, with constant speculation that, whilst clearly isn't true, could still affect the team.

weird this situation though isnt it. when hughton was appointed, the general consensus was he's got the job because he's cheap and he wont demand lots of money for transfers, since then he's done a very solid job in getting us promoted, has been backed to a satisfying degree with transfers and loans, especially in january last season.

and here we are back in the premier league, doing ok, albeit with a poor home record, and all of a sudden he's under pressure. why? why would ashley, having pretty much fluked his way into finding a good man for the job, decide to trade him in for someone else with all the instability that brings? its plain as day ashley only cares about money and if hughton's not looking like costing him any by taking us down, why would he change it?

to be honest i can see the logic in not renewing his contract until he keeps us up, but, i'd back him to bring us up again next season if the worst happens. the players will know the case too and if they do really have spirit they should be playing for him as well as themselves.

The whole thing is basically just the press capitalising on those three poor results, combined with them trying to make a flimsy link with Calderwood leaving.

There is no story, the media have created this from scratch.

Guest Roger Kint

Arrrgggghhhh shut the fuck up Lee Ryder you complete pillock!!!!

Single handedly opened the talkshite phonelines to endless 'Delusional Geordies' taunts for the rest of the day.

Guest Roger Kint

Geordie Nation blah blah blah

Only want managers with a true affinity with the club

We are totally different to any other fans cos we live and breath football 24/7