The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The fact the club reacted makes it even more news worthy though.. I get why they did but its not really helped the situation.

Hughton is doing a grand job and lets face it any manger who would/could take us further would not come here, and Ashley would not pay top manager wages.

I have faith in Hughton and can see him being the one in demand soon enough, we will be the ones begging him to stay.

Especially if he keeps wearing that suit.

Basically this is a total non story, the fact it has gained so much coverage says much more about the press than it does about Hughton or his position.

It was necessary for the club to respond. Because silence is often the worst thing you can do, it would send the papers into overload on crap to print.

Don't agree on him being the one in demand like.

It was necessary for the club to respond. Because silence is often the worst thing you can do, it would send the papers into overload on crap to print.

respond to what though ?

respond to what though ?

Maybe respond wasn't the best word. It was necessary for them to counter the speculation IMO before it got out of hand and started affecting the team/fans.

respond to what though ?

Maybe respond wasn't the best word. It was necessary for them to counter the speculation IMO before it got out of hand and started affecting the team/fans.

should we put a disclaimer out that we aren't planning a bid for messi in january ?

respond to what though ?

should we put a disclaimer out that we aren't planning a bid for messi in january ?

Nobody said we were planning a bid for Messi. Some were saying we were considering giving Hughton the chop, and it has been spreading this week.

Guest Brazilianbob

Our London lawyers told us two weeks ago that Pardew was being lined up, to the extend that a draft contract was in place. I can only guess from that they they have prepared it. I refused to believe it but I am not sure all of a sudden...

I would be very surprised if our lawyers were going around spouting the odds.  If they were a top firm they wouldn't remain top for long if that's the way they approach business.

You are correct but they told me in confidence onviously not expecting me to put it on Forum

They could have been testing your loyalty and reliability!  You have failed abysmally.

How is that in any way the same madras?

I can see why they'd put a statement out, why stay silent and let the rumours fester? Like it or not the media can have a big sway, and if they're constantly saying Hughton's under pressure, he will become under pressure.

Like with most of their statements I feel it could probably have been worded better, but it needed to be nipped in the bud.

Staying silent might have been better actually...

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

The media hasn't forgotten.  :rolleyes:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

They write what they want anyway man, even clubs who haven't got Ashley's stinking record have stuff made up about them.

You can't win either way... comment or no comment.

They write what they want anyway man, even clubs who haven't got Ashley's stinking record have stuff made up about them.

You can't win either way... comment or no comment.

Agree totally. The only thing that will make this go away is winning games.