Football Finances

LoveItIfWeBeatU

@SkySportsNews

Uefa offer Manchester City & PSG settlements for alleged breaches of financial fair play #SSN

Is this saying what I think it is? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"You've spent too much money. If you pay us even more money we'll forget about it."

@SkySportsNews

Uefa offer Manchester City & PSG settlements for alleged breaches of financial fair play #SSN

:lol: Fuck me. Not even subtle bribery.

@SkySportsNews

so where does this cash go? the gold statue of Platini fund I assume. Also it makes no sense, your finances are shit so your punishment is us taking even more money off you!

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast
:lol: That just confirms what I already feared. FFP is just the bouncer to prevent any more teams from buying their way in the already saturated  CL exclusive clubs. Malaga and some of the Eastern European teams must be seething

Manchester City and Paris St Germain are among a number of clubs who have been offered settlements for breaching financial fair play (FFP) rules, it can be revealed.

UEFA's club financial control board (CFBCB) has made offers to all the clubs deemed to have breached the rules ahead of its meeting on Thursday.

The clubs - understood to be fewer than 20 in total and including Manchester City and PSG - can either accept the offer of the sanctions, which could range from a reprimand to a fine up to restrictions on the squad for European competition next season, or try to negotiate a lesser punishment.

If no agreement is reached, then the outstanding cases will go to an adjudicatory panel for a final decision.

It is not known what settlements each individual club has been offered but UEFA could reveal the outcomes as early as Friday.

The most powerful sanction, that of being excluded from European competition, is not expected to be used against any of the clubs.

UEFA and Manchester City both would not comment but City boss Manuel Pellegrini said last week there had never been any concern that the club would be excluded from the Champions League for breaching FFP rules.

City have been working closely with UEFA to try to ensure they comply with spending rules, which limit losses to 45million euros over the last two years.

Pellegrini said: "I felt here inside the club nobody feared we could be suspended for next year."

UEFA president Michel Platini said in a French newspaper last week he did not think any of the clubs who breached rules will be banned from European competition next season.

Qatar-owned PSG have been the club under most scrutiny after they wiped out their losses with a huge and back-dated sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourist Authority.

Platini said he was unsure if that "innovative" sponsorship deal with a related party played by the rules.

He said: "I will say simply that Paris St Germain's financial model is distinctive and atypical. That image contract with the QTA, the tourism office of Qatar, is innovative, that's all I can say.

"But is it viable? Is the value of the contract correct? These are questions that the experts must decide."

Manchester City and Paris St Germain have been offered settlements for breaching financial fair play (FFP) rules.

It was revealed on Monday afternoon that UEFA's club financial control board had made offers to the English and French clubs, along with several others, deemed to have breached the rules ahead of its meeting on Thursday.

There are fewer than 20 clubs involved in total, according to reports, and they can either accept the offer of the sanctions, which could range from a reprimand to a fine up to restrictions on the squad for European competition next season, or try to negotiate a lesser punishment.

If no agreement is reached, then the outstanding cases will go to an adjudicatory panel for a final decision.

European football's governing body fears spiralling costs could be the death of some clubs who are spending beyond their means and it is desperate to give the sport more stability.

UEFA president Michel Platini also wants to stamp out "financial doping", suggesting the extortionate expenditure conducted by the bigger clubs is ruining football.

City, owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, which is a company owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, have been busy in the transfer market in recent seasons, as have French club PSG.

UEFA is making its first FFP ruling based on club accounts from the past two seasons - 2011-12 and 2012-13.

It is not known what settlements each individual club has been offered but UEFA could reveal the outcomes on Friday.

The most powerful sanction, that of being excluded from European competition, is not expected to be used against any of the clubs.

UEFA and Manchester City would not comment, but City boss Manuel Pellegrini said last week there had never been any concern that the club would be excluded from the Champions League for breaking FFP rules.

City have been working closely with UEFA to try to ensure they comply with spending rules, which limit losses to 45million euros over the last two years.

Pellegrini said: "I felt here inside the club nobody feared we could be suspended for next year."

Platini said in a French newspaper last week he did not think any of the clubs who breached rules will be banned from European competition next season.

Qatar-owned PSG have been the club under most scrutiny after they wiped out their losses with a huge and back-dated sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourist Authority.

Platini said he was unsure if that "innovative" sponsorship deal with a related party played by the rules.

He said: "I will say simply that Paris St Germain's financial model is distinctive and atypical. That image contract with the QTA, the tourism office of Qatar, is innovative, that's all I can say.

"But is it viable? Is the value of the contract correct? These are questions that the experts must decide."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9288370/manchester-city-offered-settlements-for-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules

Guest firetotheworks

So just a second...just to clarify, it's UEFA that are giving the rich clubs settlements? Not the rich clubs paying fines?

FFP is bullshit anyways, all it does is solidify the current elites position

I actually think the Premier League's financial rules are pretty good, still not where i'd like them to be but still pretty decent.

UEFA's is a f*cking sham and hasn't even been taking seriously by their own bloody governing body.