West Bromwich Albion Vs. Newcastle United Sat. Jan 23rd 2010 3pm KO

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Roger Kint

Reckon he'll play a fairly solid team, he'll want to win the game & i dont see him giving up on the FA cup.

Her made 7 changes for the last round, its hardly a determined effort to stay in it

Guest Brummiemag

Reckon he'll play a fairly solid team, he'll want to win the game & i dont see him giving up on the FA cup.

Hope your right but I don't share your confidence

Yeah we've got a good chance of winning it see.

Her made 7 changes for the last round, its hardly a determined effort to stay in it

Main changes were Kadar & Ranger wasnt it. This was against plymouth, he likely thought that was still good enough.

He'll put out a decent enough team, capable of winning just to try to get one over on them.

I'd say the definites if fit are Krul, Kadar, Butt, Pancrate & Carroll. Probably Ranger too. Plus 5 assorted others - probably R Taylor, Coloccini, Simpson, Guthrie and...Smith. Would rather Kazenga or any other midfielder with working legs got a game but that's not how we roll.

I'd say the definites if fit are Krul, Kadar, Butt, Pancrate & Carroll. Probably Ranger too. Plus 5 assorted others - probably R Taylor, Coloccini, Simpson, Guthrie and...Smith. Would rather Kazenga or any other midfielder with working legs got a game but that's not how we roll.

If we do play a team like that, I can actually see us making it to a draw.

Would rather lose than draw to be honest.

I agree, pointless putting out a good team at this point. I would have loved to give West Brom an asskicking because of the way they played on monday, but I just don't think it'll happen and there's no need to stick a strong team out there and try it.

Guest Brummiemag

Ok then lets just give up and throw in the towel. FFS. Lets forget about promotion to the premier league as well because we have no chance of winning it

I cannot understand how anyone would rather lose this game than get a draw, its unbelievable

Newcastle are a proud club and have a proud cup tradition - lets make sure we dont throw away our pride and dignity (as well as insulting the thousands of travelling fans) by fielding a weakened team.

:fishing: ;)

Krul

S Taylor   Coloccini   Kadar   Enrique

R Taylor   Guthrie   Smith   Jonas

Lovenkrands   Ranger

I like that line up very much.

I'd prefer Butt instead of Smith (just so he don't play in the league) and someone to cover for Enrique (Simpson?). Other than that, solid line up :thup:

Would love to see a 4-4-2 with real wingers (and therefore balance), with lua lua selected ahead of pancrate. Pancrate is an average player going downhill. Lualua is faster, and an average player who can only get better. He has more than earned his chance and if Keegan was manager he would be making more appearances. The fact that Keegan rates him as an attacking force and that was 2seasons ago means he should play.

Would love to see a 4-4-2 with real wingers (and therefore balance), with lua lua selected ahead of pancrate. Pancrate is an average player going downhill. Lualua is faster, and an average player who can only get better. He has more than earned his chance and if Keegan was manager he would be making more appearances. The fact that Keegan rates him as an attacking force and that was 2seasons ago means he should play.

Sometimes I think it would be better for LuaLua to leave the club. Hughton does not seem to rate him at all. Personally I would love to see him play in the Cup games at least.

What annoys me is the first team lacks balance in the midfield and why bring in a player like Pancrate, who is not even quick when you have a promising youngster with some experience in the squad. Often i feel managers jump the gun and dont look at what they have before deciding who to offer a contract to.

The team as a whole lacks balance, for example 3 central/ defensive midfielders in the midfield 4, with the most attacking full back playing with the only out and out winger. This is why i would like to change manager if we get promoted, because for me the managers main job is to get the team selection right and from there i look at how the team performs.

I dont believe Hughton picks the right team.

Correct