Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Strikers in the CCC may be more physically punishing in terms of bullying defenders, but they aren't as strong and athletic as most strikers in the PL are. That's where Colo had problems. Against strikers like Carlton Cole, Drogba, Zamora, Roberts etc. He is weaker, smaller and slower. Williamson have the height and strength advantage, but he will be exposed more for his lack of pace in the PL than CCC the same way Colo did.

deeper defensive line

I thought he was good but wasn't convinced about his pace, time will tell.

Hopefully that's just because he hasn't been playing first team football all season.

Which is a good point actually, the way he has settled into a new club, put in a couple of good performances and even looks to guide the back line has been very impressive considering he hasn't played all season!

Hopefully that's just because he hasn't been playing first team football all season.

Which is a good point actually, the way he has settled into a new club, put in a couple of good performances and even looks to guide the back line has been very impressive considering he hasn't played all season!

Yep, that's basically why I've been so impressed, played like he's been playing alongside Colo all season, seemed very settled with him. Hoping that with games will come a bit more pace, because it was a thing I noticed he lacked a bit at Leicester.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Based on his first two performances, he's looked very solid- From what I've seen so far he looks a good buy.

Yep, that's basically why I've been so impressed, played like he's been playing alongside Colo all season, seemed very settled with him. Hoping that with games will come a bit more pace, because it was a thing I noticed he lacked a bit at Leicester.

I must admit i like the fact he was telling the back four what to do at such an early stage. He may be a candidate for captain in the future.

• 1 month later...

By the looks of it, he's been pretty good for you. Premiership standard?

He's no worse than some of the defenders currently playing Premier League football evey week. He's not superb but he'll do for the time being. Sort of a tall Andy O'Brien. He'll do ok. 

By the looks of it, he's been pretty good for you. Premiership standard?

He's no worse than some of the defenders currently playing Premier League football evey week. He's not superb but he'll do for the time being. Sort of a tall Andy O'Brien. He'll do ok.   

:lol: :sadnod: