Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Possibly a contender for player of the season overall. Certainly most improved player.

Not taking anything away from him, but that says it all about the club.

I don't think it does to be honest. He's just played well all season - had we pushed on in January and kept up with Everton and the likes, I think we'd still be nominating him as a contender.

Nice to see as well, might I add. He seems a decent and honest bloke, and just gets on with his job, regardless of his role.

All credit to Williamson, he's really kicked on since his appearance against Everton in September and has re-established himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet (the last thing I expected after his horror shows last season). Like any other player, he has his weaknesses but he has reinforced his strengths and has  also seemingly taken on a leadership role in defence. He seems a lot more confident this year too which can only be a good thing.

Possibly a contender for player of the season overall. Certainly most improved player.

I don't think it does to be honest. He's just played well all season - had we pushed on in January and kept up with Everton and the likes, I think we'd still be nominating him as a contender.

Nice to see as well, might I add. He seems a decent and honest bloke, and just gets on with his job, regardless of his role.

Probs right, im just hatin on the club today.

Probs right, im just hatin on the club today.

:thup: Same, but I just think that regardless of any of the shite that we've had to put up with, he's simply been decent this season.

All credit to Williamson, he's really kicked on since his appearance against Everton in September and has re-established himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet (the last thing I expected after his horror shows last season). Like any other player, he has his weaknesses but he has reinforced his strengths and has  also seemingly taken on a leadership role in defence. He seems a lot more confident this year too which can only be a good thing.

This. Couldn't see a future for him here in the summer but he's changed my opinion. Good work.

I have sat near to people who have literally shouted 'Dont pass to Williamson!' :facepalm: whenever we had the ball in and around our defence, over the past few years. Quality levels of constructive criticism  :lol:. His change in form this season has been pretty impressive to say the least.

Guest reefatoon

He had a great game and it was an outstanding challenge.  But christ, Benteke wanted his hammers there, they were in a great position and he just seemed to dwell on it, not sure on which side to go. Gave Williamson the perfect time and opportunity to get the tackle in.

I still wouldn't want anyone passing to him.

Same here, but I'm slightly more comfortable seeing him with the ball at his feet now.

I can remember shitting myself a lot more when Robbie Elliott used to do those mental dribbles inside his own penalty area.

• 6 months later...