Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I'm not one to get carried away but where does Iron Mike sit in the pecking order of English CBs who are eligible for the WC?

Probably 4th by my reckoning of current form:

Jagielka

Cahill

Lescott

Williamson

Jones

Smalling

However, I know that selection for England isn't based on form, it's based on who you play for, so he won't be on the plane to Brazil.

Even Terry and Ferdinand are still higher in the pecking order than Big Mike. :lol:

I'm not one to get carried away but where does Iron Mike sit in the pecking order of English CBs who are eligible for the WC?

Jagielka

Cahill

Lescott

Williamson

Jones

Smalling

However, I know that selection for England isn't based on form, it's based on who you play for, so he won't be on the plane to Brazil.

Even Terry and Ferdinand are still higher in the pecking order than Big Mike. :lol:

Which is why the list is of players eligible for the World Cup...

Guest coalminer

Jagielka

Cahill

Lescott

Williamson

Jones

Smalling

Which is why the list is of players eligible for the World Cup...

It's a frightening thought and very indicative of just how poor the pool of English players is when Williamson justifies getting into an England WC squad (although I reiterate - Roy will never pick him for the team as long as English CBs play at 'big' clubs like Man U).

It's as simple as him not being England level and his limitations will be badly exposed at the international stage.  He will also not get the chance to sit back as he does at his club. England push forward and he will be a sitting duck to the slaughter.

Not a chance he's above Jones and Smalling man.

neither of them ever seem to play at cb which is a big weakness for judging them as cbs. Plus Jones always looks like an accident waiting to happen at cb to me.

That's just his 'have I followed through!?' Face.

It's as simple as him not being England level and his limitations will be badly exposed at the international stage.  He will also not get the chance to sit back as he does at his club. England push forward and he will be a sitting duck to the slaughter.

But England don't push forward either  :lol:

There was a moment against Southampton where he got isolated down in the right back area. Anyway he got a toe on the ball then stood up to the the player then crunched him with a tackle which went out for a throw in. The crowd near him seemed to go crazy and I'm pretty sure he got his own little chat going :)

All this talk of Willo for England. :lol:

We'd undoubtedly look back at this in amusement months down the line.

I'm looking at it now and laughing man :lol:

I'm just wondering how shit your national team is if there's talk about Willo being called up. :lol: