Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Taylor should be back for Sunderland. It's a fucking joke this guy's actually playing first team football again. Well fucking done to whoever scouted MPM and Kinnear for fucking up the Douglas deal.

think so too as he has zero physical presence and is invisible to opposition forwards at times

He's in the same camp as Jonas for me.  Lovely bloke, committed pro who always gives his best but ultimately just not good enough.  I can't dislike him or slag him off because it's not his fault he's getting picked.  He'd make a decent 4th choice CB for us but shouldn't be higher up the pecking order than that.

Exactly how I feel about him.

I think that exactly the point for me also, he really tries hard, first half he was really good as others have said correctly against real pace we shouldn't play him, but he can't be criticised for effort and attitude or for the clubs transfer failings.

To be fair to Williamson, there was still a lot for Cardiff to do after his miskick. It was hilariously bad, though.

Aye, lovely first time ball from Mutch and Colo/Krul sold themselves far too easily. Awful mistake but it's not like he scored an own goal.

Mistake for the goal aside, he did look okay yesterday. Mind you, it is indicative of the times when we're still counting on Mike "The Other Guy" Williamson at CB. But guess I would still keep him on as 4th choice CB - he has remained professional about it all (especially the "other guy" comments from Pardew) and guess that has to count for something.

Guest bimpy474

To be fair to Williamson, there was still a lot for Cardiff to do after his miskick. It was hilariously bad, though.

Aye, lovely first time ball from Mutch and Colo/Krul sold themselves far too easily. Awful mistake but it's not like he scored an own goal.

And he got back on the line, ok he suddenly had spaz feet then, but my main criticism of MYM was his giving up chasing the third goal against Everton, just rank bad defending.

• 2 weeks later...

Solid again today I thought.

Whenever Willo is brought in from the cold he tends to perform well (Bolton away in 2011/12, Benfica at home last season, Cardiff last week), but if he stays in the team too long he goes rapidly downhill. Now please just play well next week :thup:

He is solid I but he's terrible on the ball.

Him gifting the ball to the opposition just leads to us being under more pressure.

If he wasn't so horrendous with the ball at his feet then we could look upon him as more of a threat to the first team.

He is great in the air but he still smashes it long way to much, he is just one of those CB's who wants the ball away from his goal ASAP.

Though I seen him play a short pass but it may have just been a heavy first touch.

:D

I don't know what to make of Williamson now.

He's come in from the abyss and has done a solid enough job for two and a half games and this is from a player who clearly has limitations as a footballer. We all know he has a mistake in him but you can't knock him for his professionalism and his decent performances of late. One theory I've had in the past is that Williamson does well in a team which is also doing well (ie, a team whose head doesn't drop when things go wrong) and it seems to be happening once again. As it stands, I think he's an assured starter.

At least he has clear attributes I guess. You know that you're buying strength in the air, simplicity with terrible ball skills and a tendency to hoof it.

Thought he had a good game today overall.

Spot on Ian. Playing far more games than he ever should have done last season and ended up totally shot of confidence.

He's a good pro and a decent 4th choice CD, just a shame he could well be the first, indeed only, choice CD going into the derby.

He's a shouter and organizer - watch him whenever they have the ball he's holding his position and barking orders to his fellow CB to hold the line, move up, etc. He's essential to us right now, crazy enough.

Thought he played well but really needed to not allow Moses some space which led to their 2nd

I agree, but that is what you would expect and why he should never be more than our 4th choice. Too slow and no agility, his center of gravity is just above Leazes End.

He's a shouter and organizer - watch him whenever they have the ball he's holding his position and barking orders to his fellow CB to hold the line, move up, etc. He's essential to us right now, crazy enough.

Yup, mentioned this two weeks ago. This is the main thing that's missing for me when it's Colo and MYM.

I just don't understand why a player like Colo - who's probably played in 500+ games at a good level and started in a World Cup QF, and has the armband - doesn't have the inclination to organise those around him like Williamson does. It's certainly not a language thing.