Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest bimpy474

I just don't understand why a player like Colo - who's probably played in 500+ games at a good level and started in a World Cup QF, and has the armband - doesn't have the inclination to organise those around him like Williamson does. It's certainly not a language thing.

Some players just have it Ron, i used to shout and organise all the time when i played. Yet the superb CB who i played next to, never said a word. Just how we're made i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

CBs will always have an easier day when they've got 4 midfielders in front of them giving them protection. Wouldn't read much into this at all, all of our CBs over the years have looked decent when up against Mourinho's Chelsea.

Fair play to him, though I'm not looking forward to seeing Coloccini back alongside him.

Williamson will only got exposed during counter attack. when we play more aggressive football he will have great trouble.

see thats where Williamson with MYM works better than our other pairings since MYM has the pace to cover him if he gets exposed compared to Colo who has none and Saylor whos always broken and mental

CBs will always have an easier day when they've got 4 midfielders in front of them giving them protection. Wouldn't read much into this at all, all of our CBs over the years have looked decent when up against Mourinho's Chelsea.

Fair play to him, though I'm not looking forward to seeing Coloccini back alongside him.

You never just outright praise a player you don't rate do you, it's always backhanded :lol:

You never just outright praise a player you don't rate do you, it's always backhanded :lol:

Only Leon Best and Dan Gosling are worthy of that treatment.

:rolleyes:

If you prefer the posters who dish out undue praise then compensate by laying on the criticism when said player gets murdered by Reading, fine by me.

Amazing game from him. Hate the fact I'm just waiting on the bad game. :lol:

It'll come if he's left in there too long. Hoping colo is back next game but he'd be very unlucky to be dropped after his return.

:rolleyes:

If you prefer the posters who dish out undue praise then compensate by laying on the criticism when said player gets murdered by Reading, fine by me.

Your posts have no relation to others' posts so that's irrelevant tbh. Fair play that you at least acknowledge when a player puts in a decent shift, but for those that you don't rate, even your praise comes across like you have an agenda.

Agree with Ronaldo to some degree that it's always easier to look better when you have a defence-dedicated midfield, but I'm very happy for Williamson and happy a lot of the fans who gave him stick and said he had no place in the squad are eating humble pie.

Always given a much rougher ride than he deserved when he and Santon were just about the only two players getting burned out like fuck playing weekend-midweek-weekend-midweek without any respite.

Pardew was a right cunt to him too, when he derisively spoke about having "Colo, Taylor, MYM and another guy" (or words to that effect) a while ago. Good on you Willo. That goal's coming.