Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

It's possible you've signed him on loan, with a loan fee, but then a view to a free transfer, thus possibly escaping any sell-on fee. If this is the case, I hope Portsmouth go bust with haste, disgusting if this is the case.

Like I said a couple of days ago, the watford board should have been man enough to sit down with Portsmouth and Newcastle and accept that they weren't going to get all the money they hoped for, but would renegotiate the clauses so everyone got something from it.

Your board, by sticking to its guns, has fucked up true and proper.

It's possible you've signed him on loan, with a loan fee, but then a view to a free transfer, thus possibly escaping any sell-on fee. If this is the case, I hope Portsmouth go bust with haste, disgusting if this is the case.

Like I said a couple of days ago, the watford board should have been man enough to sit down with Portsmouth and Newcastle and accept that they weren't going to get all the money they hoped for, but would renegotiate the clauses so everyone got something from it.

What a load of shite that is. Portsmouth shouldn't have spent above their means, and inserting clauses into a deal to drive the price down has bitten them on the arse, and they should deal with that. Why should Watford have to get less money - if there wasn't a x% clause stipulated in the £2m(?) deal originally then they might not have accepted it, and may have asked for more.

What a load of shite that is. Portsmouth shouldn't have spent above their means, and inserting clauses into a deal to drive the price down has bitten them on the arse, and they should deal with that. Why should Watford have to get less money - if there wasn't a x% clause stipulated in the £2m(?) deal originally then they might not have accepted it, and may have asked for more.

If they get nothing from this deal, and didn't negotiate, it is their own fault. Its a typical bankruptcy scenario, a straight choice between nothing and a pittance, you should take the pittance as you will never get the full lot back. That is where Watford went wrong.

Also loads of clubs were really stupid negotiating installment deals with Pompey, even after it was clear that Viduka didn't turn up to pre-season because his signing-on fee wasn't paid into his bank account clubs like watford should have realised that Portsmouth weren't a club to deal with unless it involved the full amount into the account.

Done really well tonight. Won everything in the air, cleared his lines well but also talked to the other defenders and looked to lead the back line. Gave Kadar some real encouragement tonight as well. Hope he continues in this way.

If they get nothing from this deal, and didn't negotiate, it is their own fault. Its a typical bankruptcy scenario, a straight choice between nothing and a pittance, you should take the pittance as you will never get the full lot back. That is where Watford went wrong.

Also loads of clubs were really stupid negotiating installment deals with Pompey, even after it was clear that Viduka didn't turn up to pre-season because his signing-on fee wasn't paid into his bank account clubs like watford should have realised that Portsmouth weren't a club to deal with unless it involved the full amount into the account.

Sorry, but when you sell a player to another club, you expect them to make an appearance at least, ffs. It wasn't a 100 games deal or something similarly ridiculous.

Williamson was good tonight. Too early to get too excited though.

Top of the league and signing players that will improve the  team so be happy.

Appreciate the fact that financially the club is strong and we are seemingly heading straight back up (fingers crossed!).

I think in the current climate the cronies at least deserve credit for the financial state of the club.

I will say though, even if we go up I would expect us to continue to make similar signings as we have been in this window, with a few slightly more expensive signings in more important areas such as an established striker.

Think they will continue to target talent from the lower leagues with potential to step up, good players who are in the final year of their contracts, young talent from abroad etc. That sort of vibe really. Let's see what they can come up with. If and when it fails then we can have a good moan about it.

Be happy? :lol: 

The past two years have been will have been a lesson to all how not to go about running a football club - lies, underhand deals with agents, employing mates, employing yes men, selling key players at silly times, taking huge gambles which could've potentially ruined the club etc. I could go on.

The club isn't financially strong either. It's on a precipice. We're relying on the parachute payments and we need promotion, hence the reason they actually need to spend.

They're not exactly cleaning up a mess they inherited any more, they made this mess for themselves.

The players deserve credit, Chris Hughton deserves credit, the fans deserve credit. MA and DL deserve f*** all.

lies.....name 1 manager,owner,chairman who doesn't. i wouldn't want the truth most of the time.

underhand deals with agents........still curious as to why fifa/uefa/fa haven't investigated this further.

employing mates...............who doesn't

employing yes men..........se above

selling key players at silly times..................i take it you mean n'zog and milner, players whom many claimed weren't key players and we have a long history of doing that.

taking huge gambles etc...........................some would say freds transfer and wage policy was just that aswell.

That's worryingly similar to the dirge Ashley apologists on here were posting prior to the relegation last season. Have two signings really placated the masses enough to turn this board back into a hotbed of Mike bumming and anti-match going fan sentiment?

And lets get one thing straight, I'm not NE5. I'm no Freddy lover. I hated the bloke with a passion. Does that mean I should excuse the continued piss poor running of the club by another charlatan? 'Course not. Using the "Well Freddy did it" line as an answer to any questions I may ask of Ashley is ridiculous.

Guest firetotheworks

I liked him, he went for balls that were already Smith's and Colo's, but nothing bad came of it, and hopefully it'll be ironed out of or into his game to allow Smith to push forward more and Colo to mop up any mishaps.