Habib Beye

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BooBoo

Don't want him back. He is a fantastic right back on his day, but he is a mercenary who has proved he doesn't want to be here when the going gets tough. We need hungry players, not greedy bastards who is looking to secure their financial situation.

His day is long gone.

I think Beye should have left last summer and he shouldn't have been so coy about it. A player of his age and stature really has no business playing in the lower levels. He had to have known that he really only had one or two more attempts to play at the highest level. It is just unfortunate that Villa hasn't worked out for him. I think he would do well to return to Fracne next year and I'm sure many clubs would want him. I have nothing against him at all.

Guest BooBoo

I think Beye should have left last summer and he shouldn't have been so coy about it. A player of his age and stature really has no business playing in the lower levels. He had to have known that he really only had one or two more attempts to play at the highest level. It is just unfortunate that Villa hasn't worked out for him. I think he would do well to return to Fracne next year and I'm sure many clubs would want him. I have nothing against him at all.

Yet when the likes of Coloccini and Enrique have done so well in terms of attitude and performances, why should Beye think he was above it? He had a choice of being a regular for us or a bit player at Villa, given his performances in his second season it was clear he was past his best and that was never likely to be regularly appearing in Villas XI.

Coy is a very polite way of putting it.

I would've been 100% fine with him immediately coming out saying he wants out, spend last few years of his career in the top flight etc. But he didn't. He fucked us around with his bullshit press releases.

Coy is a very polite way of putting it.

I would've been 100% fine with him immediately coming out saying he wants out, spend last few years of his career in the top flight etc. But he didn't. He f***ed us around with his bullshit press releases.

Fully agree with that. Like I say I don't hold it against him, but I don't like when players play with the emotions of our supporters either.

Otter, Colo and Enrique are 5 and 9 years younger, respectively. A year in the lower division won't seem anywhere as long to them as it will to Habib.

I feel a bit sorry for Beye.

He's not really been given a fair crack of the whip with us. He's now third choice behind Cuellar and Luke Young.

I have no idea why Martin bought him if he's decided so quickly he doesn't rate him. Perhaps he saw something in training he didn't like.

I was told - source impeccable (but then again, aren't they always) - that in January he was pretty much on his way to Sunderland, but it fell down over money.

He's not really been given a fair crack of the whip with us. He's now third choice behind Cuellar and Luke Young.

I have no idea why Martin bought him if he's decided so quickly he doesn't rate him. Perhaps he saw something in training he didn't like.

I was told - source impeccable (but then again, aren't they always) - that in January he was pretty much on his way to Sunderland, but it fell down over money.

Seeing as you're here, Brum, how was your League Cup experience? Don't think I've read anything from you a propros that.

Oh, I had a nice day, ta.

Nice boozer in Harrow before the match (loads of us there, just of the M40 innit, had plenty of locals randomly approaching us and wishing us luck), 7 or 8 pints of Guinness whilst i read the Observer and had a spot of lunch, 10 mins down to the stadium, 90 minutes of not much atmosphere (Wembley is the least atmospheric stadium on the planet) whilst being continually assaulted - visually and aurally - by Carling sponsorship, a pretty dull and evenly balanced match, uneventful journey back, bar seeing the dishing of a few bouts of 'slaps' by fans of both sides (nowt serious, but i do like reminders of the golden days), and a nice kip whilst someone else drove me home.

I expected to lose, so it wasnt too hard to handle, but that's probably because we're still in the FA Cup, with a - touch wood - easy draw, and I'm absolutely fucking obsessed with seeing us win that competition.

Several local journalists on their twitter pages reported the same thing.

Oh, I had a nice day, ta.

Nice boozer in Harrow before the match (loads of us there, just of the M40 innit, had plenty of locals randomly approaching us and wishing us luck), 7 or 8 pints of Guinness whilst i read the Observer and had a spot of lunch, 10 mins down to the stadium, 90 minutes of not much atmosphere (Wembley is the least atmospheric stadium on the planet) whilst being continually assaulted - visually and aurally - by Carling sponsorship, a pretty dull and evenly balanced match, uneventful journey back, bar seeing the dishing of a few bouts of 'slaps' by fans of both sides (nowt serious, but i do like reminders of the golden days), and a nice kip whilst someone else drove me home.

I expected to lose, so it wasnt too hard to handle, but that's probably because we're still in the FA Cup, with a - touch wood - easy draw, and I'm absolutely fucking obsessed with seeing us win that competition.

Doesn't sound like too bad a day that, the result aside.

Wouldn't want him back. Why on earth should we open our arms for someone who scuttled off as he didnt have the stomach for the muck and nettles of the Championship. I always liked Beye, even if his second year wasnt a patch on his first. Having said that, he must regret behaving like such a tit last summer, his comments in retrospect make him look quite the divvy.

In Beye's defence, he was in the final year of his contract, and we have no clue if another one was offered to him or not. If there was one offered to him, then I'd fully agree with you. But if not, then I'd sympathise with the player, because it's a big gamble for him. Further to this, noone could have predicted how easy or mediocre this league would turn out to be, so at the time everything looked to be doom and gloom for us. The icing on the cake of all this being that we had/have a bunch of retards running the club. All of this culminated in a pretty poor environment for a 31 year old in the last year of his contract to be plying his trade in.

Regarding his comments about staying and then wanting to leave, I may be wrong, but there's a clear line drawn between when the contrasting statements were made. At the beginning of the last summer, Shearer was meant to be taking over, and one of his first reported acts was to give Beye a new contract and (supposedly) the captaincy. That was when Beye stated he'd like to stay. As soon as the Shearer appointment fell through and it was clear that the Board were sitting on their arses doing nothing, Beye changed his tune and wanted out, putting in a transfer request. I see no problem in this - a player has every right to look after himself if his contract is on the verge of ending and there's no gaurantees of a renewal, and at least he had the decency to put that request in which means he wasn't entitled to a loyalty payment from us.

If Beye had a crystal ball, he'd probably have stayed, but from his point of view he was a good Premiership standard defender who had received a 3 year contract offer from a Premiership club with CL qualification ambitions. In what world was he going to turn that offer down?

Guest cla1dwa

i have no problem with habib beye. he served us well when we were in the shit, and along with bassong was probably the best player at the club as we drifted into the mire. i remember when hull were interested thinking there wasn't much point him going, (i thought we had a better chance of being in the premiership in 10/11 than they did), but villa? i can't make a case for him to stay.

lets face it, this season has been better than pretty much anyone dared to predict. beye wasn't to know that, nor was he to know villa would never play him. fuck it, i'd have him back. and if he goes to sunderland? i don't care. i'm not a fucking caveman.

I don't blame him for going to Villa, but to come out after we get relegated spouting all the BS about how he loves the club and wants to get us back into the premiership and then the next month he leaves us when we need him.

We don't need characters like that.

Wouldn't want him back. Why on earth should we open our arms for someone who scuttled off as he didnt have the stomach for the muck and nettles of the Championship. I always liked Beye, even if his second year wasnt a patch on his first. Having said that, he must regret behaving like such a tit last summer, his comments in retrospect make him look quite the divvy.

In Beye's defence, he was in the final year of his contract, and we have no clue if another one was offered to him or not. If there was one offered to him, then I'd fully agree with you. But if not, then I'd sympathise with the player, because it's a big gamble for him. Further to this, noone could have predicted how easy or mediocre this league would turn out to be, so at the time everything looked to be doom and gloom for us. The icing on the cake of all this being that we had/have a bunch of retards running the club. All of this culminated in a pretty poor environment for a 31 year old in the last year of his contract to be plying his trade in.

Regarding his comments about staying and then wanting to leave, I may be wrong, but there's a clear line drawn between when the contrasting statements were made. At the beginning of the last summer, Shearer was meant to be taking over, and one of his first reported acts was to give Beye a new contract and (supposedly) the captaincy. That was when Beye stated he'd like to stay. As soon as the Shearer appointment fell through and it was clear that the Board were sitting on their arses doing nothing, Beye changed his tune and wanted out, putting in a transfer request. I see no problem in this - a player has every right to look after himself if his contract is on the verge of ending and there's no gaurantees of a renewal, and at least he had the decency to put that request in which means he wasn't entitled to a loyalty payment from us.

If Beye had a crystal ball, he'd probably have stayed, but from his point of view he was a good Premiership standard defender who had received a 3 year contract offer from a Premiership club with CL qualification ambitions. In what world was he going to turn that offer down?

Talking sense as per usual.

I think Hughton is a good judge of character, therefore if we do resign him i would be delighted. If the club has any problem with his personality then i don't want him back.

Ideally we could get him on a one year contract, without much of a fee to pay but i suspect there will be a good youngster somewhere who won't cost as much.

I'd prefer a right sided Van Aanholt who could push Simpson TBH.

Guest Phil K

Good post agree 100%

Surprisingly decent post. Your first one after all this time.

Well done.

Noticed the boo-boy posting shite as usual though.

But his crystal ball said we'd struggle this year,with all of the in-fighting.

f*** having him back.

Aye, because we all thought it was going to go swimmingly like.

• 11 months later...