Newcastle United Vs. Crystal Palace Wed. Jan 27th 2010 7:45pm KO

Fenham Mag

2-1.

They have a young side so its best we get stuck into them from the start. We MUST win this at all costs, or the wheels could really start to fall off. Hopefully Simpson will be back for then.

Btw- anyone know when Barton will be ready for selection?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

2-1.

They have a young side so its best we get stuck into them from the start. We MUST win this at all costs, or the wheels could really start to fall off. Hopefully Simpson will be back for then.

Btw- anyone know when Barton will be ready for selection?

Won't even be in contention until the end of Feb, IIRC

Squad wise, R.Taylor sent off today so that one match ban means he misses this game, Ameobi went off with a shoulder injury so is a doubt, S.Taylor has an injury we're not sure of the severity of yet, Simpson wasn't in the squad today due to an ankle injury and Butt was missing for some reason today.

Guest palnese

Simpson is out for the next couple of games according to Hughton. Tavernier to play RB? Tozer? Donaldson played there against Ipswich, but that is far from his natural position.

We need some cover in sharpish!

Guest palnese

I'd stick Butt there personally, as much as I despise him.

That's likely tbh.  Maybe he'll even stick Kadar out there and play Butt in the middle. I don't know how confident Kadar is on his right foot, but he played RB for a short period when Parkin came on for Preston.