Newcastle United Vs. Crystal Palace Wed. Jan 27th 2010 7:45pm KO

Fenham Mag

Harper

Tavernier                     Williamson             Colo                     Enrique

Smith

Routledge                                       Nolan                               Jonas

Ameobi                   Loven

Will be this, CH already set up for playing Tav after that press release. Won't drop Smith or Nolan. Guthers on the bench  :angry:

Definitely need to keep as many players in their proper positions as possible - i.e. not move Enrique or Colo. So Tavernier seems the most sensible option, even though I've hardly seen him play.

Only seen him play once, in the CC at Posh. Most people seemed to think he did ok but I thought he got raped time and again. To be fair to the lad though he was pretty much left exposed 2 on 1 that night as the formation was all over the shop, particularly after DG got sent off, and only Steven Taylor had a decent game. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think Routledge will start straight away. More think Guthrie will start on the right wing tbh.

He's fit, been playing well for QPR, we're at home and as such should be on the offensive, he'll be plenty up for his debut I'd imagine. Makes sense to play him.

In an ideal world he'd have spent the last 6 months listening to wankers like Lee Dixon who think Enrique is a terrible player and thus plays Moses on the RW.

This is what most managers seem to do, unbelievable how nobody's realised he's our best player.

I think they're finally catching on now.

I don't think Routledge will start straight away. More think Guthrie will start on the right wing tbh.

He's fit, been playing well for QPR, we're at home and as such should be on the offensive, he'll be plenty up for his debut I'd imagine. Makes sense to play him.

This.

I didn't say that it wouldn't make sense starting him straight away. But I don't think that he will. I personally would start him as we desperatly need a good winger.

Harper

Tavernier

Coloccini

Kadar

Enrique

Guthrie

Smith

Nolan

Gutierrez

Carroll

Lovenkrands

Routledge will probably get half an hour off the bench

Blood hope so.

Im sure our youngsters can cope against Palace at home in their natural positions especially with Smith, Colo and Enrique to help them out. Don't want to go switching players round and out of position, then your whole structures Donald

Why on earth would he put Routledge on the bench? If he's fit and he's been playing in this league regularly then put him straight in from the start. He'll be raring to go and what better place to start than a home match against his old club where if we put in a decent performance we will win and thats only good for confidence. Start the new lads (if we sign Williamson as well), lets not fuck about.

Why on earth would he put Routledge on the bench? If he's fit and he's been playing in this league regularly then put him straight in from the start. He'll be raring to go and what better place to start than a home match against his old club where if we put in a decent performance we will win and thats only good for confidence. Start the new lads (if we sign Williamson as well), lets not fuck about.

:indi:

Harper

[___] [____] Colo Enrique

Routledge Smith Guthrie Jonas

Shola Loven

That's for me.  Would possibly put in Carroll for Shola but maybe not until half-time.  No idea who even slots in for the missing two back slots.  I'll leave that to people who get paid far more than I do.

Harper

Tavernier - Kadar - Coloccini - Enrique

Routledge - Guthrie - Nolan - Jonas

Carroll - Lovenkrands

... would be lovely. Scary at the back on that right hand side, but Kadar's come in and always looked assured. Playing the role of helping his full-back - to the same effectiveness as Colo - is another matter, but that would be a harsh comparison given how exceptional Coloccini is at doing so anyway.

I desperately hope, if Routledge comes straight in, that Guthrie is given a shot in the middle. Though i highly doubt it'll be that CM partnership as i've done above. Infact, i honestly don't think we'll ever see that partnership. It'd be nice though.

I would play Kadar at LCB next to Enrique, and give Tavernier the benefit of having Colo at RCB to talk him through the game, personally.

Aye, come to think of it that'd be the most obvious thing to do wouldn't it. Kadar's left-footed aswell, isn't he. Jose can probably handle himself without the cavalry of Colo for one game.

I would play Kadar at LCB next to Enrique, and give Tavernier the benefit of having Colo at RCB to talk him through the game, personally.

Can Colo speak English?

Fairly sure he can. He had a very basic grasp of the language a year and a half ago so...