Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest Haris Vuckic

That's just his number for now - it hasn't been submitted to the F.A or anything. I imagine he'll get something a little more respectable.

If they somehow manage to merge Routledge and Andy Reid into one player they'll be doing well. Either way I reckon Forest will push hard for promotion next season and I'm sure Routledge would have a good season there. Maybe QPR wised up to the fact he's just not cut out for the Prem.

The NF move just underlines the view that the Championship is his level.

I'd say an important first team member of 2 Championship winning teams was quite a decent squad player for a lower table Premiership club to have tbh.

He's probably at the height of his marketability now though, so selling him off to free up some window space for new product would be a good business move from the club.

I'd say an important first team member of 2 Championship winning teams was quite a decent squad player for a lower table Premiership club to have tbh.

He's probably at the height of his marketability now though, so selling him off to free up some window space for new product would be a good business move from the club.

You are just precious. :lol:

I'm surprised there's no lower premier league table clubs in for him if that's the case. Maybe they don't want him for the same reasons we don't?

If we could get back what we paid, I'm satisfied. Routledge proves the difference in quality between Championship and Premier League. He rules the former, but is utter shit in the latter.

would normally be happy to keep him, but if the club are waiting to sell a few before buying, then I'm fine with Routledge being one of them. good memories though, i remember being ecstatic at Uni the day we bought him.

Served his purpose, was way out of his depth when we got to the Premier League, time to thank him and move him on.

:sadnod:

It's still a shame though about him not being able to play to a high level in the PL imo. I was cautiously optimistic that he would be different this time round in the PL when we got promoted and actually step up to the plate. Alas wasn't to be.

Got no ill will towards Routledge at all, signed for little and rubber-stamped our promotion.

Doesn't look to be a PL player though although his biggest attribute is pace which will always mean he is a threat at most levels of the game. Tried his best, had a few shit games along the way but he ensured we bounced back at the first attempt with room to spare.