Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

It's absolutely crazy how awesome he is in the championship but can't step up, he was imo MUCH better than Jonas down there. Just shows how different attributes transfer a lot better to different leagues.

Guest bimpy474

Has to be a mentality thing with Routledge, everything is there in the Championship, yet in the Premier time and time again he hasn't produced, confidence and belief just lacking in the lad when he's at the top level.

Guest bimpy474

Bad day for everyone that Stevenage game, they were up for it and we weren't, games like that sort out the fighters from the meek, not just on that day but how they react to it also, I think Routledge falls in the latter, shame because the lad is easy to like.

Whilst i think he's out of his depth at this level, i wouldn't have rushed to move him on unless there was definitely an N'Zogbia coming in. Providing it doesn't enable the likes of Ryan Taylor to start more than three or four times in the league, this would be a good move for all parties. Plus, i think the way we conduct business regarding outgoing players, we won't be selling him for anything less than we paid; might even make a profit.

Cheerio, Wayne, and thanks.

Still think as things stand he's good enough for the bench. I'd keep him.

Me too, but if means we actually have a right winger in the pipeline I'd take it. But we won't, so may as well keep him to prevent the even less showers of shit from getting a game.

Last season, because of injuries and suspensions, I watched Ryan Taylor and Danny Simpson forced to play RW because of a lack of options. Got absolutely no doubt that Routledge is a far, far better bet than those two if it comes down to brass tacks.

Get a replacement in and I'm fine with it. Getting rid before we've replaced him is just fucking stupid.

Last season, because of injuries and suspensions, I watched Ryan Taylor and Danny Simpson forced to play RW because of a lack of options. Got absolutely no doubt that Routledge is a far, far better bet than those two if it comes down to brass tacks.

Get a replacement in and I'm fine with it. Getting rid before we've replaced him is just f***ing stupid.

We should have had the balls to play Ferguson earlier and put Jonas there.

Get a replacement in and I'm fine with it. Getting rid before we've replaced him is just fucking stupid.

Is Marveaux not his replacement? 

Guest firetotheworks

If only he believed in himself, he'd be a very good player. At the start of the season he was playing well, but when it came to the crunch his delivery was poor, then everything else went after that.

Guest CheickMansour

Tbh I don't understand why Wayne just doesn't go abroad. There's absolutely no point in going back to the Championship, he's already proved he's better than that. But he still might make a break-through on the continent (if it isn't too late).

Tbh I don't understand why Wayne just doesn't go abroad. There's absolutely no point in going back to the Championship, he's already proved he's better than that. But he still might make a break-through on the continent (if it isn't too late).

Worked for Pennant

Am content with that payment for Routledge. I don't think he offers much more than Ferguson, or at least, I'm willing to give Ferguson the nod based upon what he may become. We all know Wayne has settled at his level of Championship God/Premiership Benchy, no point in entertaining him anymore.

If I were him, I'd just settle with destroying teams in the Championship, it's gotta feel better than warming the bench in the Prem. Even if Mowen disagrees.

He might as well go to Rangers or Celtic where he'd rip it apart and at least get some European football. Better than keep dropping down a league.

Guest SCJack

Would be happy with Routledge for N.Taylor.

Our fans would aswell. We need wing cover and we don't really want an unsettled player here!!