Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Get behind the owner ffs. No thanks.

Why? Who would you rather??? Glazers?? Munto finance??? Hicks??

Welcome to the real world - we aren't ever going to get bought out by a billionaire! It could be so much worse

We did and the fat c*** took us down. Yeah it could be worse. If we were in League 2 it could still be worse and some people would still say Mike Ashley was doing a great job.

don't even understand this post??? Of course it could be worse but it is'nt mistakes were made and now we are probably going to be in the prem again next year - without all the deadwood but with younger fresher players. Long term being relegated could be good thing.

Its all about enjoying the game and I'm enjoying it more this season than last.

Welcome to the real world - we aren't ever going to get bought out by a billionaire! It could be so much worse

We did and the fat c*** took us down. Yeah it could be worse. If we were in League 2 it could still be worse and some people would still say Mike Ashley was doing a great job.

don't even understand this post??? Of course it could be worse but it is'nt mistakes were made and now we are probably going to be in the prem again next year - without all the deadwood but with younger fresher players. Long term being relegated could be good thing.

What do you think our chance of survival is? I think we'll struggle to match Derby's points total.

What do you think our chance of survival is? I think we'll struggle to match Derby's points total.

That's a bit pessamistic - whats that 20 points??? I'll bet with our best team out and a full house we would comfortably be well out relegation places this year. I honestly think now we have a better team than Hull, Wolves, Portsmouth, West Ham, Stoke, Burnley and Blackburn. And if we don't - playing with two quick wingers is at least entertaining!

Don't know you, but surely you can't write us before we are even there?????

That's a bit pessamistic - whats that 20 points??? I'll bet with our best team out and a full house we would comfortably be well out relegation places this year. I honestly think now we have a better team than Hull, Wolves, Portsmouth, West Ham, Stoke, Burnley and Blackburn. And if we don't - playing with two quick wingers is at least entertaining!

11 points.

We're struggling to crawl out of this league atm, what chance have we got in the PL? :lol:

Very different leagues. Birmingham were struggling to get out the championship last year but now look at them.

Seriously - why the negativity?

Last summer where did you hope we would be now??? What could have been done up to this point any better?? If i remember correctly most people were hoping for a middle table finish at best.

There is no way we would get less than 11 points!!! Honestly come on - if we are only going to get 11 points and are top of the league what are the playoff winners going to get.

If someone this time last summer asked you where you wanted to be next March what would you have said????

Didnt Mick McCarthy take the Mackems up with a record Championship points total and then take them down the next with a record low (before Derby broke it) ?

I get the idea, but what could the team be doing now to make you happier?

Would it be better if we had a late surge for the top?

Some people just like to whinge. The gloom merchants are a little frustrated at the moment because we're top of the current heap, clearly on the road back to the Premier League, and we just had a decent transfer window that addressed nearly all of the obvious immediate problems, but it would take more than that to stop this lot from moaning. People trying to look "hard" by presenting the gloomiest possible predictions ("I think we'll struggle to match Derby's points total.") is a fact of life on this board. Just enjoy it at its most ridiculous ("We're struggling to crawl out of this league atm") because it ain't going to go away.

Some people just like to whinge. The gloom merchants are a little frustrated at the moment because we're top of the current heap, clearly on the road back to the Premier League, and we just had a decent transfer window that addressed nearly all of the obvious immediate problems, but it would take more than that to stop this lot from moaning. People trying to look "hard" by presenting the gloomiest possible predictions ("I think we'll struggle to match Derby's points total.") is a fact of life on this board. Just enjoy it at its most ridiculous ("We're struggling to crawl out of this league atm") because it ain't going to go away.

most people whinging are those going to the matches and thinking we arent playing well (cardiff and coventry notwithstading)

Thanks for a sane voice. Never post on here but always read the negativity. I think we could have singed Xavi, Iniesta and Messi and people would still have moaned about a different position.

Just dont get how we can expect positivity from a club when we the fans cannot commit to it!

Apologies for the additional quoting!!!

Thanks for a single voice of sanity! We could have signed Iniesta, Xavi and Messi but would some would still be complaining.

most people whinging are those going to the matches and thinking we arent playing well (cardiff and coventry notwithstading)

What? I'm enjoying the football at the moment and we are top of the league. The football is clearly good enough. We could play smarter tidier football like Swansea but i enjoy being top of the league more than that. I also go to all the games.

I believe though that you don't have to go to the game to be a fan and that's a stupid point.

Like it or not - the fans a big club relies on are outside the immediate proximity

What? I'm enjoying the football at the moment and we are top of the league. The football is clearly good enough. We could play smarter tidier football like Swansea but i enjoy being top of the league more than that. I also go to all the games.

I believe though that you don't have to go to the game to be a fan and that's a stupid point.

Like it or not - the fans a big club relies on are outside the immediate proximity

you enjoyed palace at home, derby at home,leicester away,swansea away etc ?

no problem with being a fan away from the area just dont let stats rule your opinions instead of performances.

no problem with being a fan away from the area just dont let stats rule your opinions instead of performances.

sorry - totally lost on your point??

No - some games are boring and some performances are rotten - all fans have that issue. Even Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal fans complain about performances.

I was trying to look at the bigger picture - this season what could have been done better?

The most important stat is that we are in the promotion places by 5 points at least. That does and should influence my opinion of the performances - they are good enough to get us where we want to be.

sorry - totally lost on your point??

No - some games are boring and some performances are rotten - all fans have that issue. Even Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal fans complain about performances.

I was trying to look at the bigger picture - this season what could have been done better?

The most important stat is that we are in the promotion places by 5 points at least. That does and should influence my opinion of the performances - they are good enough to get us where we want to be.

that was the point some were making on the run up to christmas about being so many points ahead....now we arent and many seen it coming because of the performances.

now does it make sense ?

Deep down I feel some sort of positivity about things but I'm worried that as of now Nolan and Smith are first choice.. and Butt might still get a new contract.. his experience is VITAL after all. I think we all know where such a midfield will take us in the premiership..

I think you're living in a dream world if you think we have a better side now than all those sides do. We were worse and less effective than them when we had the likes of Given, Beye, Bassong, Martins, Owen, Viduka at our disposal so how are we somehow better off as a squad now?

Midfield is the most important area of a team and the likes of Smith, Butt and Nolan are struggling to cut it at Championship level and they will again be expected to keep us up, even most of our best players have not proven themselves as Premiership players, indeed have struggled at that level - Coloccini, Gutierrez, Routledge, Taylor.

I'm enjoying being top too but if that's all that matters, why don't we just deliberately get ourselves relegated from the Championship, we'll have a whale of a time in League 1.

It will take massive investment (for massive investment read: the amount of money a club of our size should have at its disposal) to have a hope of Premiership survival and Mike Ashley's penny pinching won't give us that. Yes I'd rather be in our position than Middlesbrough's but nevertheless he has decimated the club and the current league position papers over that. He took on a Premiership club and currently has on his hands a club that doesn't have a hope of surviving in that league.

lktmpl, your original point was sound - don't let madras wind you up and degrade your original point, that's his sole purpose in this particular instance.

oh no it wasn't. like many others i've been worried by the performances all season and think if we kept on playing like that promotion would be a struggle. at least the last couple of home performances have seen an improvement but i struggle to see how anyone could say they'veenjoyed the football in general this season.

lktmpl, your original point was sound - don't let madras wind you up and degrade your original point, that's his sole purpose in this particular instance.

oh no it wasn't. like many others i've been worried by the performances all season and think if we kept on playing like that promotion would be a struggle. at least the last couple of home performances have seen an improvement but i struggle to see how anyone could say they'veenjoyed the football in general this season.

Spot on.

Spot on.

The football has been shit bar 3 or 4 games. People are enjoying the results.

Sorry. Actually meant to quote maddy there

I think you're living in a dream world if you think we have a better side now than all those sides do. We were worse and less effective than them when we had the likes of Given, Beye, Bassong, Martins, Owen, Viduka at our disposal so how are we somehow better off as a squad now?

Midfield is the most important area of a team and the likes of Smith, Butt and Nolan are struggling to cut it at Championship level and they will again be expected to keep us up, even most of our best players have not proven themselves as Premiership players, indeed have struggled at that level - Coloccini, Gutierrez, Routledge, Taylor.

I'm enjoying being top too but if that's all that matters, why don't we just deliberately get ourselves relegated from the Championship, we'll have a whale of a time in League 1.

It will take massive investment (for massive investment read: the amount of money a club of our size should have at its disposal) to have a hope of Premiership survival and Mike Ashley's penny pinching won't give us that. Yes I'd rather be in our position than Middlesbrough's but nevertheless he has decimated the club and the current league position papers over that. He took on a Premiership club and currently has on his hands a club that doesn't have a hope of surviving in that league.

The argument about how Ashley has fucked us in the ass keeps getting churned out over and over regardless of our current league position. I certainly don't disagree. All the lad's saying though is that it's a new start for us as a club, and it's going alright so far. Why can't we pull ourselves together and enjoy some positivity for a change? Negativity never got anyone anywhere. Let's wait till we get promoted and worry about that then.

The results have been far better than the performances this season. We've won loads of games by simply being less shit than the opposition.

If Ashley and Llambias don't realise that a complete revamp of the squad is needed and try to do it on the cheap then we'll get tanked every week and come straight back down. Rinse and repeat.... :neutral: