Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

I really don't think Routledge is a bad player. He's a good player who's had a fair few good games this season, especially with Simpson behind him.

often gets past his man, causes problems for the defence, poor final ball. he should be in tomorrow, not sure he will be though.

Routledge is quick so he's always going to produce those occasional moments when he gets past his man.

Unfortunately he is technically very limited and wastes possession most of the time. Wide men who rely too much on pace are found wanting at this level.

The thing is he was brilliant technically last season, normally technical players struggle to step up because they don't get the space but Routledge has the pace to make it. Puzzling.

He's far better when he doesn't have the space/time.

The thing is he was brilliant technically last season, normally technical players struggle to step up because they don't get the space but Routledge has the pace to make it. Puzzling.

He's far better when he doesn't have the space/time.

continuim

i think its a confidence thing, his failure to hold down a place in the past seems to have damaged his confidence at prem level

i think its a confidence thing, his failure to hold down a place in the past seems to have damaged his confidence at prem level

i think it's something simpler, better defences not allowing him so many passing options or allowing us to make anything from poor crosses.

Guest Heneage

f*** that. If the rich bastards want him, they can pay for him. Loan deals ffs, you have more money than us!!

They've not spent it though. If they wanted they could have been out of that division ages ago.

He's tweeted something along the lines of "why is January always so complicated?"

Could be interpreted as he's on his way out of the club. I'd be saddened if he left tbh. He's talented but lacks heart. A shame.

I would rather he just put his head down and forced the situation more, and then if he failed miserably everyone would know he wasn't good enough and then could move on.

Unfortunately, he has just completely frozen at this level. He's not even going for it when he has the chance. Just ends up getting rid of the ball too early. huge shame, because as numerous others have said, I think he would have some success if he was more aggressive/direct. Shame.