Palace go into administration!

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

me thinks a cheeky bid for victor moses could be on the schedule?

He would be at least 7 million

Are they really in a position to negotiate though?

Not really with only 5 days left of the window, but they can just ask for silly money off Man City.

Are they really in a position to negotiate though?

£3m and they'd snap your hands off.

Not to administrators he wouldn't.  They'll sell to the highest bid, if that bid is £3m he'll be gone for £3m.

Forest were making noises about Moses this morning before the administration news broke, imagine they'd be best placed to move in quickly

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=2539&headline=Forest

NOTTINGHAM Forest boss Billy Davies has confirmed his interest in Crystal Palace striker Victor Moses.

The City Ground chief told the Nottingham Evening Post: "He is a player on our list (of targets). The recommendations have been given (to the acquisitions panel) and we now wait to see what happens.

"There is nothing else I can report yet. But I think we do need a wide left player.

"He is a young player with a lot of potential."

Forest were making noises about Moses this morning before the administration news broke, imagine they'd be best placed to move in quickly

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=2539&headline=Forest

NOTTINGHAM Forest boss Billy Davies has confirmed his interest in Crystal Palace striker Victor Moses.

The City Ground chief told the Nottingham Evening Post: "He is a player on our list (of targets). The recommendations have been given (to the acquisitions panel) and we now wait to see what happens.

"There is nothing else I can report yet. But I think we do need a wide left player.

"He is a young player with a lot of potential."

He is delusional if he thinks Moses will go anywhere other than a top flight team. Would certainly show Forest's ambition if they bid for him though.

Would love him here, he is out of our league though.

Sad news, always had a soft spot for Palace as I lived in nearby Bromley when I was a kid. Have to feel for the fans.

Bottom line is though, you can see the football money bubble is bursting now, just like the dotcom bubble a few years back.

Things like this happening makes you shit yourself, scrunch up your eyes, cross your fingers and hope to fuck that we aren't next...

Sad for Palace fans, it really would be gut wrenching. Seems to have come out of the blue to an extent too. correct me if I'm wrong I'm noy a palace watcher!

A cheeky bid for Moses might be worth it, although I agree he'll probably end up at a PL club if one bids for him. That said the administrators will take the highest bid, so it may be worth it.

What about Ambrose, any takers?

Fair point, although given the paper thin nature of the squad (and given that Pancrate imo is not really great cover) would it not be a wise idea to have another winger. I recall Ambrose could also play on the left, or did so a few times under Robson.

It's sad for the fans, but I don't think a 10 point deduction is enough. A club that goes into administration has gained an unfair advantage in the past over clubs who have kept within their means. There has to be a real deterrent.

It's sad for the fans, but I don't think a 10 point deduction is enough. A club that goes into administration has gained an unfair advantage in the past over clubs who have kept within their means. There has to be a real deterrent.

10 points is fairly reasonable to me, it's alot of points, no matter which end of the league you are in.

What would you rather, automatic relegation? (though it leads to that in some cases), if you did then your putting the clubs future in even more doubt and could end up losing the club, people forget that the fans are the innocent ones in all of this.

10 points is fairly reasonable to me, it's alot of point, no matter which end of the league you are in.

I agree. They just went from fighting for promotion to a relegation battle. 

Would love us to get Ambrose, Pancrate I think is only one a 1 year deal and based on how shit he's been won't be getting that renewed.

Pancrate's deal expires this Summer. It was only a "to the end of the season" deal.

Aye that's what I meant. Either way he'll be gone, and Ambrose would be a good replacement imo.

Would love us to get Ambrose, Pancrate I think is only one a 1 year deal and based on how shit he's been won't be getting that renewed.

Pancrate's deal expires this Summer. It was only a "to the end of the season" deal.

Aye that's what I meant. Either way he'll be gone, and Ambrose would be a good replacement imo.

What I've seen of Ambrose this season hasn't exacly made my heart race, so can't say I've any interest in seeing us splashing money on him if we make it up to the Premiership tbh.

Guest toonlass

What I've seen of Ambrose this season hasn't exacly made my heart race, so can't say I've any interest in seeing us splashing money on him if we make it up to the Premiership tbh.

He's only scored 11 goals like.