Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

So if the recession has hit all the PL teams except City, why hasn't it hit us? I'm not very knowledgable about our finances......

I don't know the full story of the finances side either, but I don't think we're spending all that big even by championship standards.

So if the recession has hit all the PL teams except City, why hasn't it hit us? I'm not very knowledgable about our finances......

Because Ashley was a tight ass before it began, so he's been sitting on money he's saved?

Because Ashley paid off most of our large debts that would have needed refinancing and reorganised a working capital loan with BArclays and keeps lumping in £20m or so every now and then.  Without him, we most certainly would be like every other club. 

Because Ashley paid off most of our large debts that would have needed refinancing and reorganised a working capital loan with BArclays and keeps lumping in £20m or so every now and then.  Without him, we most certainly would be like every other club. 

Yup, deserves some credit for the debt thing. No excuse for every other mistake he's made mind, but that bit he got right.

Could not see us playing two lightweights in Loven & Moses up front.

We did it for the large portions (our best portions actually) of last season.

Remind me of the best portions of last season?

First game. All went a bit downhill after that. :lol:

Guest johnson293

Apparently we have made a bid of £1.5million but Palace waiting for more wonga. So says Caulkin anyway.

Oh well, this one will go on till Monday then, and see who the highest bidder is.

Yup, deserves some credit for the debt thing. No excuse for every other mistake he's made mind, but that bit he got right.

The debt was amortising and matured in (IIRC) 2016.

It only needed refinancing because of the change of control at the club, even though that bog-standard clause came as a total surprise for the supposedly business-savvy Ashley.

Despite the size, NUFC had no problem with the stadium debt and like every other club was simply massively overspending on wages.

Been turned down according to the Journal.

EDIT: Also mentioned he'd rather not go to a premier club where he'll sit on the bench so I think we are in with a great shout.

He would get games here, so they must have knocked back all offers, we should offer more BUT will Mike do it?

Been turned down according to the Journal.

EDIT: Also mentioned he'd rather not go to a premier club where he'll sit on the bench so I think we are in with a great shout.

He would get games here, so they must have knocked back all offers, we should offer more BUT will Mike do it?

a Bit more cash and a loan of a couple of our younger players where we will still pay their wages.

He had to pay it off. It's not like he did it out of the kindness of his heart.

Surely this kid is worth £3M at least.  He is tipped to be something good, better to make it happen than piss around.  We would recoup that easily and some if he ended up being really special.

I know palace are in the shit, but players with his potential do not come around often.  I know what I would do.

He had to pay it off. It's not like he did it out of the kindness of his heart.

It was a smart business decision, no more, no less.

Surely this kid is worth £3M at least.  He is tipped to be something good, better to make it happen than piss around.  We would recoup that easily and some if he ended up being really special.

I know palace are in the shit, but players with his potential do not come around often.  I know what I would do.

Pay over the odds for a player playing for a club in administration? Not the greatest business idea tbh.

Pay over the odds for a player playing for a club in administration? Not the greatest business idea tbh.

Agreed if its someone with no potential - make the bid and leave it.  This however is different IMO

Guest Brazilianbob

The transfer deadline doesn't apply where a club is in administration as it could cause them to go out of business if they can't sell players after the window has closed.

An example of this was us signing Darren Ambrose from Ipswich when they went into temporary administration (I think it was only for 24 hours) but the administrators sold him to us at a knock down £1m in the September after the transfer window had closed.  I recall the Ipswich fans were furious that we "stole " him for just £1m!  I can't see this happening with Moses though, the big boys will come in for him at the last minute, they will just hang back to try and ensure the price isn't too inflated by a bidding war and the administrators will then snap their hands off.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

£1.5 million bid rejected.  I think we need to bumb it up to £2 million and then say take it or leave it.  His agent is making out that he would be intrested in joining us.  so £2 million and the administrators would surley have to accept our bid if the player rejects Forest and WBA.