Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

Guest johnson293

I actually knew f*** all about Moses until Palace got put into administration.

Everyone else on here knew he was the next Drogba :(

Ha ha, true enough!  ;D

Disappointed, but without knowing why we didn't sign him it's hard to say who is to blame.

Did we offer enough money? If no then it's down to Ashley/Llambias being fools

Did Hughton value him enough? What if Hughton told Ashley/Llambias that he was only worth £2m (or whatever we bid)?

Did we meet the valuation but weren't able to offer him personal terms as good as Wigan?

Did he meet Hughton first before deciding that Wigan was a better option?

Are we simply less attractive than Wigan at the moment?  There's been a lot of turmoil here for the last few seasons, a young player might prefer the stability that Wigan can offer.

There are loads of reasons that we might have missed out (though Hughton does appear in a lot of them) so it'll be difficult to ascribe blame without knowing all the ins and outs of the deal.

Guest johnson293

Disappointed, but without knowing why we didn't sign him it's hard to say who is to blame.

Did we offer enough money? If no then it's down to Ashley/Llambias being fools

Did Hughton value him enough? What if Hughton told Ashley/Llambias that he was only worth £2m (or whatever we bid)?

Did we meet the valuation but weren't able to offer him personal terms as good as Wigan?

Did he meet Hughton first before deciding that Wigan was a better option?

Are we simply less attractive than Wigan at the moment?  There's been a lot of turmoil here for the last few seasons, a young player might prefer the stability that Wigan can offer.

There are loads of reasons that we might have missed out (though Hughton does appear in a lot of them) so it'll be difficult to ascribe blame without knowing all the ins and outs of the deal.

And bottom line - they are in the premiership NOW - regardless of their current league position/form, he will be playing in the Premiership immediately, and if he does as well as many on here are sure he will, he is in the biggest shop window in the world for the next few months rather than the Championship, and maybe Real Madrid will actually bid for him next time!  :rolleyes:

So its done he has completed his move. I am gutted

They will sell him in 18 months for £7-10million + .  Great move Ashley.

I really don't think that we've missed out on him because of money.

Even if we have then it's understandable, we've just started to reduce costs/wages... wouldn't make sense to start breaking the rules now.

Even if we have then it's understandable, we've just started to reduce costs/wages... wouldn't make sense to start breaking the rules now.

You reckon with the new wage cap we can't match Wigan for wages now then?

In 07-08 Wigan's turnover was £43m. We turnover more than that in the Championship.

You reckon with the new wage cap we can't match Wigan for wages now then?

In 07-08 Wigan's turnover was £43m. We turnover more than that in the Championship.

wonder what our outgoings are compared to theirs ?

• 2 months later...

What's Moses been playing like since he went to Wigan? Haven't really heard anything about him.

Sub appearances mostly, looks a bit like N'zogbia without the end product. I'd still take him in an eyeblink though.

Guest toonlass

What's Moses been playing like since he went to Wigan? Haven't really heard anything about him.

1 league start according to their website might be why.

Has his leg dropped off?

I doubt he would have got many more games if he came here and people would have been questioning whether he was any better than ranger/suggesting he spends next season on loan elsewhere.

I doubt he would have got many more games if he came here and people would have been questioning whether he was any better than ranger/suggesting he spends next season on loan elsewhere.

You're starting to get ever so critical of our fans up there on your high horse Mr Jon sir ;) :laugh: