Twitter

Thespence

If you want a striker who will be there in the box and apply the finishing touch, Bent is one of the best around, still.

The reason we are selling him is that we don't play that way. A side who plays with wingers and balls whipped into the box would be perfect for him. Like us under MON

I still cannot believe Villa spent 24 million pounds on Bent. I don't think they spent even half as much on anyone before or since.

The high wages, age, and lack of performance over the past two seasons are off-putting, but I'd have him here. He's always scored goals when given the chance and there are not many true goalscorers in our team. In truth, I think he's too similar to Cisse and would rather invest in a player that can act as a strategic alternative, but I won't turn my nose up if we sign him.

We spent 18m on Bent, the 24 figure includes loads of add ons which may or may not be triggered.

We bought him in the January window as we couldn't score goals. He then scored lots of goals and kept us up.

The high wages, age, and lack of performance over the past two seasons are off-putting, but I'd have him here.

The first of those two seasons under McLeish, we were so negative, the ball never got anywhere near him. This season, Lambert has just preferred Benteke, as he gives much, much more to the team as a whole.

Remember all that stick Lambert got in the media over this decision? Looks like he was right.

Feel sorry for Bent, though, he's a brilliant finisher and has been really unlucky this season.

Just seen a toon fan ask that IndyKaila who he thought was best for Newcastle transers...his reply....COLIN!  :idiot2:

Then goes on to back up his choice by saying he's read through Colin's tweets and he's ok, fans need to give him a break  :fool:

Guest Roger Kint

Just seen a toon fan ask that IndyKaila who he thought was best for Newcastle transers...his reply....COLIN!  :idiot2:

Then goes on to back up his choice by saying he's read through Colin's tweets and he's ok, fans need to give him a break  :fool:

http://i.imgur.com/L6k59Am.png

:spit:

Stephen Harper ‏@steveharper37 14m

After todays Uni fitness demos I claimed a Silver medal for GB&NI in an impromptu high-jump comp. Lost out to a young Dutch kid #ringsabell

funny guy :lol:

After todays Uni fitness demos I claimed a Silver medal for GB&NI in an impromptu high-jump comp. Lost out to a young Dutch kid #ringsabell

:lol:

:lol: