Twitter

Thespence

Any quotes?

FFS Dave, give it up.

I was just saying it would be a good signing, nothing about how credible the rumour is.

And that is fundamentally different to people just saying Bent would be a bad signing because..?

Anyway yeah I'll stop now.

Was such a daft move for Sinclair to go to City. After he struggled to break into Chelsea's side, to reviving his career at Swansea to leave that for City and have things stall again...

Would add a lot to our team but I'm not getting excited about any potential signings until I see them holding/wearing the shirt.

Was such a daft move for Sinclair to go to City. After he struggled to break into Chelsea's side, to reviving his career at Swansea to leave that for City and have things stall again...

Would add a lot to our team but I'm not getting excited about any potential signings until I see them holding/wearing the shirt.

I'm not getting excited about any potential signings until Pardew plays them in their right position.

•GMcK ‏@Glen_McKitten

Joe kinnear spotted outside of tesco just got back from the airport by the looks of it @nufcfans #nufc #ITK pic.twitter.com/FgPXI2Kc10

First comment:

Danny Empson ‏@danny_empson 3h

@Glen_McKitten @nufcfans hahahahaha aye, landed in newcastle airport.. Went straight to tesco at chester le street

:lol:

eurgh. So whilst every other bugger's out spending the extra TV money we're doing what exactly?

Saving up as much as possible so we don't fall foul of those financial fair play laws. You'll thank him in X years!

Basically IMO we lost out by not changing manager. In theory our squad is very good with the right boss but we don't have that so our only chance was to sign players. Spend our way out of trouble. We aren't going to do that. Worrying time IMO

first team. the squad is rubbish.

and that's not excluding Pardew from blame.

Ths squad is not rubbish..... if it were then the majority wouldn't be happy with 2-3 signings like many are.

If we are 2-3 signings away from having a good squad then it can't be a crap squad like many seem to claim.

If the squad was rubbish we would be requiring half a dozen plus new signings yet we don't.

Basically IMO we lost out by not changing manager. In theory our squad is very good with the right boss but we don't have that so our only chance was to sign players. Spend our way out of trouble. We aren't going to do that. Worrying time IMO

first team. the squad is rubbish.

and that's not excluding Pardew from blame.

The first team is crying out for at least 2 players to solve the goals and creativity problem. The first team is unbalanced and the squad is poor.

Ths squad is not rubbish..... if it were then the majority wouldn't be happy with 2-3 signings like many are.

If we are 2-3 signings away from having a good squad then it can't be a crap squad like many seem to claim.

If the squad was rubbish we would be requiring half a dozen plus new signings yet we don't.

The majority are happy with 2 or 3 signings as they know thats the most we are ever likely to get this summer, 3 is fantasy in honesty. If we actually reviewed the squad as a whole, after the first team it's a majorly weak team.

Elliot, Tavernier, Williamson, Gosling, Jonas, Vuckic ,Obertan, Sammy & f***ing Shola are the players filling in if injuries occur.

If you think that's a good squad then fair play but imo its shocking. 

eurgh. So whilst every other bugger's out spending the extra TV money we're doing what exactly?

I think it could be that Pardew is in last chance saloon as far as Ashley is concerned, and he may not want to spend a hefty sum this summer in case he has to bin the manager by October.

On the other hand if he is giving Pardew one last chance, then surely he must back him?

I reckon things will become clearer after the first pre-season game with the full squad together again after the internationals have come back. Could also be that we're bracing ourselves for bids for some of our star players.

Edit: Did I just post in the wrong thread?

The majority are happy with 2 or 3 signings as they know thats the most we are ever likely to get this summer, 3 is fantasy in honesty. If we actually reviewed the squad as a whole, after the first team it's a majorly weak team.

Elliot, Tavernier, Williamson, Gosling, Jonas, Vuckic ,Obertan, Sammy & f***ing Shola are the players filling in if injuries occur.

If you think that's a good squad then fair play but imo its shocking.

Most of them are like 4th choices though..... as for Jonas and Shola i have already said we are in desperate need of a striker and a winger.

If you look at the squads in the league most of their 4th choices are crap but that is why they are 4th choices.

The only areas for me where crap happens to get very close to the team is winger and striker and we can all agree that we are very weak there.

I don't believe the majority of the squad is weak or small though.

I agree with Mole, we are 2-3 players from a very good squad imo.

If we signed Sinclair, Bent and Remy we would be pretty class. A lot of teams will have to rely on their youth players at times so with those signings we would be doing what most do.

Krul, Elliot*  Youth - Alnwick

Debuchy, Colo, MYM, Taylor, Williamson, Haidara, Santon    Youth - Tavernier, Ferguson, Streete, Good, Dummett

Cabaye, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Bigi, Marveux, Jonas  Youth - Inman, Newton, Vuckic

HBA, Gouffran, Sinclair, Obertan, Remy, Bent, Cisse    Youth - Campbell, Sammy

23 seniors (3 a bit dodgy but that's not bad iyam) and 10 youth players who could cover for the odd game if we are really struggling.

I doubt many clubs would have that sort of depth.

*I think he is a lot more capable than quite a few seem to.

Can you move Ferguson out of defence in that list.  It's bothering me.

edit:  i'd also say that there is still a lack of creativity in midfield (particularly with Marveux's dodgy injury history) and Williamson isn't good enough given that he will play quite a bit as Taylor is also injury prone and I firmly believe that we will not see a MYM, Colo partnership unless absolutely necessary next season under Pardew.