Twitter

Thespence

Guest firetotheworks

Sky Bet @SkyBet  ·  25m

One punter stuck £10 on Muller first goalscorer and #GER to win 5-0 at 800/1. #SqueekyBumTime

Unlucky

You don't really need to be Hector Riva to have a tenner in disposible income.

When you're hoying tenners on 800/1 shots I think you might have a bit more disposible income that most.

£10 isn't much when your out and having something eat or drink or something, or even if your buying something. However I still think £10 is rather a large bet.

People value money differently though, what is a lot of money for people isn't for others. What is a small bet for one person is a large bet for others.

Making a 10 quid bet doesn't mean someone has loads of cash though.  I wouldn't pay a tenner to go and watch a movie but I don't think people who do are loaded. 10 quid seems a pretty small bet to me, does that mean the guy who placed it is poor?

Making a 10 quid bet doesn't mean someone has loads of cash though.  I wouldn't pay a tenner to go and watch a movie but I don't think people who do are loaded. 10 quid seems a pretty small bet to me, does that mean the guy who placed it is poor?

Surely he means it's a decent sized bet relative to the odds though? For daft bets like that people usually just hoy 50p or a quid one and normally have numerous other bets on various other outcomes. I'm sure if he had £1000 on a Germany win for example people wouldn't think that was ridiculous but on 800/1's you are just throwing money away essentially.

You can bet he would have had tenners on a raft of other scorecasts if he is hoying it on Muller 5-0.

Oh, aye, if we're making it up he probably put the bet on sitting in a gold bath of champagne on his superyacht.

It's really not that much even just for a stupid bet.  People stick that on big accumulators and stuff anyway.  I wouldn't think twice about having a tenner on something like that, it doesn't mean i'm loaded which was the original point of contention.

£10 is a huge bet for an 800/1 shot :lol: not sure how that can be argued. We're not saying that £10 is a huge amount of money.

It's all relevant though I regularly have a 10 pound coupon on Saturdays at odds of over 3000/1 if you are going to have a bit of a gamble then at least try to strike big. No point in putting a Tenner on a 3/1 shot for me like

Why are the majority of our fanbase completely oblivious to the goings on at NUFC? Managed to get into a twitter debate with two fucking morons. One of them tried to tell me the money from player sales is invested into the academy and training ground. The other told me that we're not a top 4 team and spending money would have us like Leeds. He actually came at me with 'because Leeds'. Fuck me.  :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Why are the majority of our fanbase completely oblivious to the goings on at NUFC? Managed to get into a twitter debate with two f***ing morons. One of them tried to tell me the money from player sales is invested into the academy and training ground. The other told me that we're not a top 4 team and spending money would have us like Leeds. He actually came at me with 'because Leeds'. f*** me.  :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

I know, it's absolutely mind blowing like. Forum environments are different to a degree though, especially a forum like this one, which seemingly acts as a hub of latest information, scrutinisation of sources and stronger, more justified opinions. Talk to any old Joe down Northumberland street and you'll find a lot of opinions are based solely on what their mate said / The Chronicle, et al.

Our fanbase is so fragmented and divided though, I doubt we'll ever see it work towards one common goal or pull in a single direction any time soon. That and a lack of direction and leadership from supporters clubs and whatnot.. I think the campaigns started on here have actually been more successful in recent months.

Back to your point though. Yeah, it is quite worrying that many seem to just take whatever Pardew, Twitter or the tabloid papers print as absolute gospel. People even vocally defending the club man, you honestly couldn't make it up :lol: :anguish: