Twitter

Thespence

Can someone please explain to me what the f*** "trending" is and why every word in the English language now has to have a hash symbol in front of it.

Trending is just popularity, no idea about the hash.

The hash makes it a clickable link to a search, for example if you see a tweet with #NUFC in and click it, you will see all of the most recent tweets labelled with that hashtag. Can be quite useful.

Can someone please explain to me what the fuck "trending" is and why every word in the English language now has to have a hash symbol in front of it.

:thup:

yes please

The hash makes it a clickable link to a search, for example if you see a tweet with #NUFC in and click it, you will see all of the most recent tweets labelled with that hashtag. Can be quite useful.

why does it have to be a hash though?  i could be wrong but hashes don't magically turn things into links on the internets

Guest Gemmill

Can someone please explain to me what the fuck "trending" is and why every word in the English language now has to have a hash symbol in front of it.

yes please

why does it have to be a hash though?  i could be wrong but hashes don't magically turn things into links on the internets

It's just the way twitter works. It also makes your tweets more re-tweetable, as people will often follow the conversation that's going on for a certain hashtag.

So if you tweeted something funny/insightful whilst watching the cricket and slapped an #ashes hashtag on it, more people are likely to see it.

yes please

It's just the way twitter works. It also makes your tweets more re-tweetable, as people will often follow the conversation that's going on for a certain hashtag.

So if you tweeted something funny/insightful whilst watching the cricket and slapped an #ashes hashtag on it, more people are likely to see it.

my point is it could be a $ sign or a & symbol right?

anyway don't know why i'm getting involved, hate the whole concept