This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Why are all of youreally disapoited. I'm sure he cando the job for 6 month's or so, lets not forget he's been linked with Premiership clubs aswell, so he may not make it in the EPL, but Moses amy not, nor Beckford and most of you were all more then willing to give them a chance.

Guest WashyGeordie

3.5 years our new no.9

how the mighty have fallen.

Gallagher, Milburn, Cole, Beardsley, Shearer, McDonald etc AND Best

what about Oba

Oba, Obafem! Oba, Obafem..!

3.5 years our new no.9

You missed out Shola.

I might be getting 'whooshed' here, but has Shola ever worn No.9?

Guest palnese

3.5 years our new no.9

You missed out Shola.

He's never been our number 9  :pow:

Hopefully it means we won't have that slob Nolan up front again this season.

The slob who's scored more than Leon Best?

In more appearances. Nolan hasn't scored in 7 games, and for the most part hasn't looked like threatening to score.

Best is a striker and hasn't scored in the league in the last 10. He has 3 league goals in the last 4 months in fact (17 games).

Did someone say he was in form?

Guest Stephen927

In more appearances. Nolan hasn't scored in 7 games, and for the most part hasn't looked like threatening to score.

Best is a striker and hasn't scored in the league in the last 10. He has 3 league goals in the last 4 months in fact (17 games).

9 goals in 15 appearances in the league.

Did I say somebody said he was on form?

Guest WashyGeordie

He has got 9 goals overall this season though, according to wiki.

Very underwhelmed by this signing, as I was hoping for a Premierhsip loanee. But he isn't THAT bad and he could just be a late bloomer. We need pace in the team and is full of confidence after a good season so far. So for less than a million, if he scores the vital goal to get promotion, it'll be worth it.

On the other hand, the contract is too long and I believe we could have done a lot better. Shame.

I have to say the response on here is really disappointing. This is a young player who seems to be coming into his own this season as far as scoring goals goes. At the very worst from the tiny bit I have actually seen of him, he has a lot of pace and he is strong. Two things we severely lack upfront.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that the club didn't just succumb to bringin in a tacky loan signing like Daniel Cousin in instead. Best I believe was in the final year of his contract so he wouldn't have cost much, and will now have a chance in a much better team to show if he can make the next step up. If he doesn't he will still be a very affordable and useful back up striker next season, if only for the fact that he would be useful of the bench because he is quick and strong.

People say he is worse than all our strikers? Really, as far as I can see our strikers not only struggle to score consistently, but they also cause no threat through their sheer physical attributes. The only one who seems to have any potential to do either of these two things is Nile Ranger, but it seems the club prefer to bring him along slowly.

I really hope by the end of the season we can all look back at the initial reactions in this thread and laugh at how silly they were. Why anyone would ever be so harsh on a player before he's even had a chance to step onto the pitch is beyond me. Moving to a club like Newcastle might just be the making of the player. In my opinion a lot of these sorts of players who are deemed too average don't get enough chances at better club, especially considering their youth. It might just excite him enough and give him more belief in himself.

Happy that we have another young player in who is not just a lazy loan signing. Also really happy that he is a good athlete who has got strength and pace as we need this badly.

Good luck to him.

Top post...quite a few of the people on here still have not got used to the fact that we are in the Championship. If we don't get the best (to their subjective mind), then the new signing is a bad one, never mind that they know very little of the new player. I don't know Best but am willing to give him 10 games before making my judgment

Cov fan i know says

Leon Best is going to be an absolutely great player, and I'm absolutely gutted he's leaving now. Scored some cracking goals this season, and holds the ball up better than any City striker I've seen since Dion Dublin.

Guest Roger Kint

Only reason we got him in was price not quality of player, Ashley won't spend if he don't have to.

What a load of crap

Saw the youtube clip and he looks like a black version of Andy Carroll, i.e. big and jumps high. Maybe he holds the ball up better, won't really know much more than that until he's had a few games.

Guest WashyGeordie

I have to say the response on here is really disappointing. This is a young player who seems to be coming into his own this season as far as scoring goals goes. At the very worst from the tiny bit I have actually seen of him, he has a lot of pace and he is strong. Two things we severely lack upfront.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that the club didn't just succumb to bringin in a tacky loan signing like Daniel Cousin in instead. Best I believe was in the final year of his contract so he wouldn't have cost much, and will now have a chance in a much better team to show if he can make the next step up. If he doesn't he will still be a very affordable and useful back up striker next season, if only for the fact that he would be useful of the bench because he is quick and strong.

People say he is worse than all our strikers? Really, as far as I can see our strikers not only struggle to score consistently, but they also cause no threat through their sheer physical attributes. The only one who seems to have any potential to do either of these two things is Nile Ranger, but it seems the club prefer to bring him along slowly.

I really hope by the end of the season we can all look back at the initial reactions in this thread and laugh at how silly they were. Why anyone would ever be so harsh on a player before he's even had a chance to step onto the pitch is beyond me. Moving to a club like Newcastle might just be the making of the player. In my opinion a lot of these sorts of players who are deemed too average don't get enough chances at better club, especially considering their youth. It might just excite him enough and give him more belief in himself.

Happy that we have another young player in who is not just a lazy loan signing. Also really happy that he is a good athlete who has got strength and pace as we need this badly.

Good luck to him.

Top post...quite a few of the people on here still have not got used to the fact that we are in the Championship. If we don't get the best (to their subjective mind), then the new signing is a bad one, never mind that they know very little of the new player. I don't know Best but am willing to give him 10 games before making my judgment

Agreed.

I'm stunned at the reaction Best is getting on this board. He's scored more goals than any of our current strikers in a team that is currently sitting 14th. He's only 23 and is joining for a fee that is expected to be less than £1 million. What's not to like?

Guest icemanblue

I'm stunned at the reaction Best is getting on this board. He's scored more goals than any of our current strikers in a team that is currently sitting 14th. He's only 23 and is joining for a fee that is expected to be less than £1 million. What's not to like?

He hasn't got cornrows and a biblical name, perhaps?