This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

I'm stunned at the reaction Best is getting on this board. He's scored more goals than any of our current strikers in a team that is currently sitting 14th. He's only 23 and is joining for a fee that is expected to be less than £1 million. What's not to like?

He has no media hype like our 'very good players' such as Nolan, Smith and Butt. :rolleyes:

I'm stunned at the reaction Best is getting on this board. He's scored more goals than any of our current strikers in a team that is currently sitting 14th. He's only 23 and is joining for a fee that is expected to be less than £1 million. What's not to like?

He has no media hype like our 'very good players' such as Nolan, Smith and Butt. :rolleyes:

i'm stunned that you're stunned. you should know what this place is like by now.

Speaking of fans not rating him, what would the Villa fans have thought about the milner signing before they signed him?

Novel idea but maybe we should judge him on what he does here? Kenwyne Jones isn't a bad player and I remember quite a few laughing at the mackems when they got him.

Speaking of fans not rating him, what would the Villa fans have thought about the milner signing before they signed him?

They would have trusted that their manager would have been able to mould him into the player that they wanted :(

Yep, looks like he is on his way to the Toon to join Van Aanholt. I think if he does Coleman should put in a clause that he can't play against us.

We always seem to get those clauses against us, I know for a fact Best would have a blinder against us to show all of those tossers who boo him every other week!

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/best_in_newcastle_talks_490187/index.shtml

Coventry City striker Leon Best has arrived in Newcastle for talks about a permanent move to St James' Park.

The striker, who was booed off by some of the City support when he was substitutted on Saturday is out of contract and the Sky Blues will be looking for a fee as they are entitled to compensation.

those clauses are only allowed in loan transfers?

Novel idea but maybe we should judge him on what he does here? Kenwyne Jones isn't a bad player and I remember quite a few laughing at the mackems when they got him.

Like I said, fans aren't always the best judges of a player, you only have to look at this place to see that, but it's always interesting to get a view. I hope Best does well, Hughton has obviously put himself on the line by bringing him here.

3.5 years our new no.9

how the mighty have fallen.

Gallagher, Milburn, Cole, Beardsley, Shearer, McDonald etc AND Best

forgetting shinton,rafferty,clarke,macdonald (rob),shoulder.

Just what I was thinking too. I need a set of those rose-tinted memory specs.

We almost forgot Mitchell (Kenny that is), Pingel, Riley and if we're going as far back as Hughie and Jackie we may as well throw in Barry Thomas and Ron McGarry as well.

Guest toonlass

Haven't been impressed anytime i've seen him for Ireland, got my dad's opinion and it's the same.

How many full appearances has he made?

Having a medical, which means that we might get him in the next transfer window, going by the speed of Beckford's.

Don't post the same fucking joke in two threads at the same time man :lol:

Having a medical, which means that we might get him in the next transfer window, going by the speed of Beckford's.

Don't post the same fucking joke in two threads at the same time man :lol:

This ones getting more views, I need to show my talent at shit jokes and jibes at Skirge.

Haven't been impressed anytime i've seen him for Ireland, got my dad's opinion and it's the same.

That's it for me

If you and your dad don't rate him then I'm off to spray 'We won't get promoshun with Best' onto a bedsheet before I head over to the stadium

Fingers crossed I will get to the front of the mongs and get on telly

:lol:

Seen him live on a couple of occasions this season and has looked disinterested and fed up both times. Didn't seem to have any outstanding attributes, but as mentioned he does have a good record this season. Initial reaction was "more of the same" when you compare him to what we already have. Fairly similar level to Harewood I'd predict, will hopefully bag some nice goals but can't see him being too popular.

Hope I'm wrong and he is class like, obviously. Can only get better you'd think.

Seen him live on a couple of occasions this season and has looked disinterested and fed up both times. Didn't seem to have any outstanding attributes, but as mentioned he does have a good record this season. Initial reaction was "more of the same" when you compare him to what we already have. Fairly similar level to Harewood I'd predict, will hopefully bag some nice goals but can't see him being too popular.

Hope I'm wrong and he is class like, obviously. Can only get better you'd think.

People said that after Souness :lol:

That's it for me

If you and your dad don't rate him then I'm off to spray 'We won't get promoshun with Best' onto a bedsheet before I head over to the stadium

Fingers crossed I will get to the front of the mongs and get on telly

:lol:

I'm just saying, if he doesn't impress people who watch Ireland regularly then he can't be too good can he? I'd put hime behind Keane, Doyle and Long