This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

We probably could have got Beckford and Moses for a combined 6 million quid and sold Carroll to Wolves/Stoke for 4 million quid.

Net outlay of 2 million..................................chicken feed in this day and age, even for Ashley

We have made soooooooooooooooooo many mistakes here.

We couldn't have got Beckford or Moses, it wasn't about the money... we can't compete with the definite offer of Premiership football.

We need to face that fact that we aren't the club we were, it will take some slow rebuilding to get back there.

Are you telling me we can't compete with the likes of Wigan?

At this point in time, we can't.

I don't find it easy to accept either, but those are the facts.

Does anyone have any links to a Coventry site? Would be interesting to see what fans think of him, although fans aren't always the best judge of a player.

Apparently they boo him.

As in booooo or booo-est?

Yep, looks like he is on his way to the Toon to join Van Aanholt. I think if he does Coleman should put in a clause that he can't play against us.

We always seem to get those clauses against us, I know for a fact Best would have a blinder against us to show all of those tossers who boo him every other week!

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/best_in_newcastle_talks_490187/index.shtml

Coventry City striker Leon Best has arrived in Newcastle for talks about a permanent move to St James' Park.

The striker, who was booed off by some of the City support when he was substitutted on Saturday is out of contract and the Sky Blues will be looking for a fee as they are entitled to compensation.

Guest Brazilianbob

We probably could have got Beckford and Moses for a combined 6 million quid and sold Carroll to Wolves/Stoke for 4 million quid.

Net outlay of 2 million..................................chicken feed in this day and age, even for Ashley

We have made soooooooooooooooooo many mistakes here.

We couldn't have got Beckford or Moses, it wasn't about the money... we can't compete with the definite offer of Premiership football.

We need to face that fact that we aren't the club we were, it will take some slow rebuilding to get back there.

Are you telling me we can't compete with the likes of Wigan?

I presume you don't work in marketing? Any bugger with half a brain and an ounce of gumption could sell this club to people like Moses.

We're a f***ing big club, we've got a fantastic set of supporters, a great stadium and a top class city.

We will be going back to the top flight - and this point should have been sold to Moses.

Why would you choose Wigan over us? Premiership football? Hardly. If this was sold to him properly his decision would've been an easy one.

Ashley should have sat him down and told him about his vision of nurturing young talent through the side etc. It's clearly his strategy so why couldn't he sell it?

Maybe Moses had a look at our squad and thought he wouldn't be able to get into the side ahead of the likes of Routledge and Jonas, which is a distinct likliehood.

Does anyone have any links to a Coventry site? Would be interesting to see what fans think of him, although fans aren't always the best judge of a player.

Apparently they boo him.

As in booooo or booo-est?

I was saying booo-est....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e7/Hans_Moleman.png/426px-Hans_Moleman.png

Quite a few of their fans seem to rate him according to that, e.g.

all the lazy nonsense really irritates me. At the end of the day he's arguably the best striker we've had since we were relegated. Now he's going to go and be really good and we are going to be a stuck with a pair of on-off strikers for the rest of the season, with ZERO quality on the bench.

Let's hope they are the ones talking sense and the ones that boo are the morons.

Basically seems like the kind of player who splits their support

Amazing how a club like newcastle has bought a useless 'lazy' striker. If only they listened to the 'experts' on here they'd have saved themselves a lot of money.

Good to know they think we wouldn't buy a wonky player :lol:

Someone has already been on Wiki:

"Leon Julian Best (born 19 September 1986 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire) is an English born Irish international footballer who plays as a striker for Newcastle United."

If he turns out to be like the other striker we signed from Coventry a few years back then I'd be happy, but I doubt it though. But let us give him a chance and if he's crap we could probably recoup the money in the summer. I'd be rather upset if he's going to be given the #9 shirt, but that's a completely different story

Guest palnese

3.5 years our new no.9

how the mighty have fallen.

Gallagher, Milburn, Cole, Beardsley, Shearer, McDonald etc AND Best