This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Beckford is 3 years older, playing in a lower division and would have probably cost twice as much. Some of you give your fucking heads a shake! :lol:

This. Had two txts when i woke up off my mates who were buzzing by this signing. He can't be that bad.

:lol:

That makes about as much sense as slagging him off without seeing him play.

I'm not saying they are right... in fact that's exactly what i was saying so ignore that. However, it seems strange that people think he's so poor on here?

Beckford is 3 years older, playing in a lower division and would have probably cost twice as much. Some of you give your f***ing heads a shake! :lol:

This. Had two txts when i woke up off my mates who were buzzing by this signing. He can't be that bad.

:lol:

That makes about as much sense as slagging him off without seeing him play.

I'm not syaing they are right, in fact that's exactly what i was saying so ignore that. However, it seems strange that people think he's so poor on here?

It's because a) they don't know a lot about him b) he doesn't have the media hype surrounding him that Beckford and Moses do.

Had we not been after Beckford & Moses fans may have been less pissed off with this signing, but its such a drop from who we were after.

Nail on the head. Typical NUFC signing these days.

Seems we're getting ourselves geared up for a relegations scrap next year.

No offence, but this is ridiculous point of view on a number of levels.

We aren't a Premiership club, we don't have much money, so we need to make signings of cheap players who have potential to do better than they have before.

Obviously when we're in the Championship we can't prepare a team for a top half challenge in the Premiership, for one thing we can't afford to take the risk with the wage bill.

Don't agree in the slightest. We will be promoted and that means why should be planning for it now.

How many players out of our current squad are good enough for the Premiership - 7 maybe?

Now is the time to be buying players good enough to play at that level who need time to gel with the current side - this is when we should be looking for the next Enrique (young, great potential and probably not after silly wages).

We don't have much money - who does? We've got the smallest wage bill we've had in years and with some good planning it could be even smaller - that must free up some capital.

We've got to plan for the premiership so all of this bollocks about being a championship club is short sighted - we've got one foot back into the Premiership and need to start to act like a big club again - that means investing in players good enough to improve the team immediately.

Didn't Enrique cost £6m. That seems a lot to spend when we don't have much money

I thought he was £4.5m but you might be right - I've not looked it up.

Point being we should be scouring the various overseas leagues looking for people with the potential to play at the top level and also change our current playing style.

why should we be looking to change our current playing style when we are top of the league?  Fair enough we play ugly, long ball rubbish but if it is good enough to get us back in the premiership then I am happy with it.

We need to guarantee promotion and then change it because it won't work against those teams that can pass and move nor against those who adopt a similar style meaning we'll be up against it from the off.

We're like a very poor mans Stoke or Bolton and Bolton are looking to adapt their style and slowly move away from long ball/bullying whilst Stoke and others are way better than us at the ugly stuff because they have some movement/quality to go with it.

I'd liked to have seen us sign people in time to get them to gel with the squad and be able to play football with their feet rather than their heads.

Guest johnson293

Beckford is 3 years older, playing in a lower division and would have probably cost twice as much. Some of you give your f***ing heads a shake! :lol:

Beckford will go on to prove the better buy though, I'll wager. Hope I'm proven wrong though but I doubt it.

If so, why won't any Premiership clubs take the chance on him now to save their seasons or push them on to a european place, instead of waiting till the summer when they can sign him for nowt?

If he's such a good prospect and likely to do better, and all that?

SSN reckon this will be our last signing :( no creative CM then oh well ho hum

Means nothing.

They didn't know about any of our other transfers either, until they were happening. Although for the record we won't sign a creative midfielder.

I can only think this is a panic buy after failing to get Moses (who I still can't get me head around chosing Wigan over any of the 3 other names involved, Premiership pull ??).

Only thing I can say is, wait and see what he can do in Black and White before crucifying him.

I can only think this is a panic buy after failing to get Moses (who I still can't get me head around chosing Wigan over any of the 3 other names involved, Premiership pull ??).

Only thing I can say is, wait and see what he can do in Black and White before crucifying him.

It's not him per say it's more what the signing means is what is annoying me. I'll shut up about it now.

Hopefully it means we won't have that slob Nolan up front again this season.

The slob who's scored more than Leon Best?

Very good point when you consider Best scored five of his nine goals this season in September alone...

SSN reckon this will be our last signing :( no creative CM then oh well ho hum

Means nothing.

They didn't know about any of our other transfers either, until they were happening. Although for the record we won't sign a creative midfielder.

Last year was brilliant viewing, David Craig desperately trying to keep the crowd interested with lines such as 'I'm sensing that something will happen soon...' and 'The lights are still on behind me.'

Clueless bastard.

So is every final day signing a "panic buy". It had been reported that we interetsed in him ages ago but he's a panic buy because we are signing him on the last day of the window.

Had we not been after Beckford & Moses fans may have been less pissed off with this signing, but its such a drop from who we were after.

Nail on the head. Typical NUFC signing these days.

Seems we're getting ourselves geared up for a relegations scrap next year.

No offence, but this is ridiculous point of view on a number of levels.

We aren't a Premiership club, we don't have much money, so we need to make signings of cheap players who have potential to do better than they have before.

Obviously when we're in the Championship we can't prepare a team for a top half challenge in the Premiership, for one thing we can't afford to take the risk with the wage bill.

Don't agree in the slightest. We will be promoted and that means why should be planning for it now.

How many players out of our current squad are good enough for the Premiership - 7 maybe?

Now is the time to be buying players good enough to play at that level who need time to gel with the current side - this is when we should be looking for the next Enrique (young, great potential and probably not after silly wages).

We don't have much money - who does? We've got the smallest wage bill we've had in years and with some good planning it could be even smaller - that must free up some capital.

We've got to plan for the premiership so all of this bollocks about being a championship club is short sighted - we've got one foot back into the Premiership and need to start to act like a big club again - that means investing in players good enough to improve the team immediately.

Didn't Enrique cost £6m. That seems a lot to spend when we don't have much money

I thought he was £4.5m but you might be right - I've not looked it up.

Point being we should be scouring the various overseas leagues looking for people with the potential to play at the top level and also change our current playing style.

why should we be looking to change our current playing style when we are top of the league?  Fair enough we play ugly, long ball rubbish but if it is good enough to get us back in the premiership then I am happy with it.

We need to guarantee promotion and then change it because it won't work against those teams that can pass and move nor against those who adopt a similar style meaning we'll be up against it from the off.

We're like a very poor mans Stoke or Bolton and Bolton are looking to adapt their style and slowly move away from long ball/bullying whilst Stoke and others are way better than us at the ugly stuff because they have some movement/quality to go with it.

I'd liked to have seen us sign people in time to get them to gel with the squad and be able to play football with their feet rather than their heads.

In an ideal world where we were already guaranteed promotion I'd agree with you and I think we will have to change our style if we are in the Premiership next season.  However I would be reluctant to take the risk of starting to play that way at the moment when our current tactics seem to be working relatively well. 

Beckford will go on to prove the better buy though, I'll wager. Hope I'm proven wrong though but I doubt it.

If so, why won't any Premiership clubs take the chance on him now to save their seasons or push them on to a european place, instead of waiting till the summer when they can sign him for nowt?

The point is, Beckford has allegedly signed a pre-contract with Everton so obviously he's already rated higher than Best by the prem clubs.

Guest Stephen927

Hopefully it means we won't have that slob Nolan up front again this season.

The slob who's scored more than Leon Best?

In more appearances. Nolan hasn't scored in 7 games, and for the most part hasn't looked like threatening to score.

Guest johnson293

The point is, Beckford has allegedly signed a pre-contract with Everton so obviously he's already rated higher than Best by the prem clubs.

Allegedly.

Let's be honest here,its the most productive January transfer window we've had under Ashley.A step in the right direction for sure.

We didn't get Moses and a creative midfielder, burn him at the stake.

:fishing:

Can't we burn him anyway?

I don't think Hughton was ever after a creative central midfielder with Barton due back soon.

this - tbh I would rather wait until the summer for a decent premiership level creative midfielder - despite their obvious shortcomings I think our current midfielders have just about enough about them to get us out of this league

A good signing for the divison we are playing in,Im not sure If he would be good enough for the pl though.He is an upgrade on Harewood thats for sure.I just hope people give him a chance and dont get on his back just because we didnt sign Beckford or Moses.

Theres no denying we have done very well in a tough window to do business