This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

BTW, watching games live doesn't give anyone magical insight, I have seen games spanning three decades (LIVE AT THE GROUND liam ) and I have sat (and stood) next to some of the most clueless twats imagineable. So once again...what was your fucking point?

It's a couple of posts above yours :rolleyes:

I think I addressed these points a few pages back before you decided it was more important who was watching, when and how.

So did you agree that it's easier to judge those things I've listed which he's particularly poor at inside the ground rather than on TV?  Seems fairly obvious to me.

BTW, watching games live doesn't give anyone magical insight, I have seen games spanning three decades (LIVE AT THE GROUND liam ) and I have sat (and stood) next to some of the most clueless twats imagineable. So once again...what was your fucking point?

It's a couple of posts above yours :rolleyes:

I think I addressed these points a few pages back before you decided it was more important who was watching, when and how.

So did you agree that it's easier to judge those things I've listed which he's particularly poor at inside the ground rather than on TV?  Seems fairly obvious to me.

No.

We could save some bandwidth, delete 20 or so pages off the Andy Carroll thread and copy and paste this title on thar one.

It's practically word for word what we were saying about AC when partnered with shola (shit, doesn't even look like scoring, sell him to any mug who will take him etc....).

Not saying he will become good but the criticisms are exactly the same as those levelled at Carroll. When two similar players are paired together it's likely one will be getting into the cgoalscoring positions while the other look like doing fuck all.

His performances have been poor so far and people have said as much which is fair enough, I just think it's too early to write him off altogether until he is allowed to play his natural game alongside someone who will compliment him rather than compete against him for positions.

I am just glad he and Carroll aren't running into each other trying to win the same balls.

He's been gash so far like, although at least yesterday he was starting to get on the end of things. He looks very nervous/uncomfortable at times too, which to me suggests he's struggling to adapt to playing for us as previously I got told off my mate from Coventry that he has a bit of arrogance about him. One thing I won't fault him for though is his work-rate.

It is fair to say as Tooj says,he has an arrogance about him,or he did here at Coventry.Perhaps playing for a club with greater expectations has ebbed that.The sooner he scores,the better.

I really hoped he would score the winner yesterday. Would have done his confidence a world of good. Still playing like a new signing but did get more involved yesterday. Unlucky with the header!! Would have been a cracking winner.

It is fair to say as Tooj says,he has an arrogance about him,or he did here at Coventry.Perhaps playing for a club with greater expectations has ebbed that.The sooner he scores,the better.

I really hoped he would score the winner yesterday. Would have done his confidence a world of good. Still playing like a new signing but did get more involved yesterday. Unlucky with the header!! Would have been a cracking winner.

Aye was thinking the same. Fully admit I have been one of his biggest critics but it would have been cracking for him to have scored the winner.

I still have my concerns about Leon Best.

I know he has scored a few goals at international level but at them moment I would rather see Carroll and Lovenkrands/Ranger starting up front together.

At this time, and in my own opinion, LB is the type of player you bring on when NUFC are winning 2 -1 at home against Forest, and you just leave him as a lone striker just holding the ball up!

I still have my concerns about Leon Best.

I know he has scored a few goals at international level but at them moment I would rather see Carroll and Lovenkrands/Ranger starting up front together.

At this time, and in my own opinion, LB is the type of player you bring on when NUFC are winning 2 -1 at home against Forest, and you just leave him as a lone striker just holding the ball up!

He hasn't scored any goals at international level.

He looks like he's scared of making a mistake and then takes too long and makes one anyway, he doesn't seem to be trusting his technique or ability at all. As many others have said the sooner he gets a goal the better as hopefully his confidence well get better but he's been disapointing so far.

I think he should start against Doncaster, he needs that goal.

I was going to say, "didn't you have pancrate in your line up in the other thread". However, i notice you have changed your mind  :thup:

I agree with your assessment.

Looking at the amount of time Ranger has either not been involved or got barely 5 minutes on the pitch, there must be problems with his attitude.

If this is the case we should revert to playing Nolan off Carroll. Wasn't pretty but was effective, we can't risk "giving Best a chance" until we have secured promotion.

• 3 weeks later...

Will we get our money back on this donkey in the summer?  He is clearly and average Championship player at best and won't even make a dent in this side next season...

So, Hughton clearly realises he has bought a shitter, lets hope we can get rid of him ASAP.

Will we get our money back on this donkey in the summer?  He is clearly and average Championship player at best and won't even make a dent in this side next season...

So, Hughton clearly realises he has bought a shitter, lets hope we can get rid of him ASAP.

Depends on what you believe we spent on him, I very much doubt it's anything more than £1m so I don't think we would make a huge loss selling him on.