Newcastle United vs Cardiff City - Friday Feb 5th @ 19:45

Skirge

A possibility for trouble with this one I reckon. Cardiff came up and burned the wheatsheaf down in Sunderland on a Tuesday night a few year ago. Add this to the fact that they'll probably bring a few more up, it's a Friday night and many wont be going straight home after the game... I hope there inst like.

there will be....they're welsh and they know they are.

First home loss of the season. We're due a loss and we look s**** atm.  :hmm:

1-3. 

We thought the away game was going to be tough, but in the end we turned them over pretty easily. Fingers crossed for the same again.

pretty easily ?

First home loss of the season. We're due a loss and we look shite atm.  :hmm:

1-3. 

We thought the away game was going to be tough, but in the end we turned them over pretty easily. Fingers crossed for the same again.

Hope you're right. Just got a bad feeling about this one. 

1-3. 

pretty easily ?

I watched that game and I distinctly remember Cardiff having a boatload of chances and Newcastle scrapping a 0-1 win by sheer luck.

A possibility for trouble with this one I reckon. Cardiff came up and burned the wheatsheaf down in Sunderland on a Tuesday night a few year ago. Add this to the fact that they'll probably bring a few more up, it's a Friday night and many wont be going straight home after the game... I hope there inst like.

Sold out their allocation, might be a decent atmosphere.

First home loss of the season. We're due a loss and we look s**** atm. :hmm:

1-3.

pretty easily ?

I watched that game and I distinctly remember Cardiff having a boatload of chances and Newcastle scrapping a 0-1 win by sheer luck.

By that, you could have quite easily watched any game this season :lol:

Sold out their allocation, might be a decent atmosphere.

Hopefully, its been pretty poor the last few times ive been this season.

1-3. 

pretty easily ?

They had good posession but no real clear cut chances, they never really threatened from what I remember.  We scored a good goal, nothing lucky about it.

1-3. 

pretty easily ?

They had good possesion but had no real clear cut chances, they never really threatened from what I remember.  We scored a good goal, nothing lucky about it.

Another example of us being "outplayed" and "lucky to win", just like we have all season ;)

Winning games isn't a coincidence, neither is losing them.

Cardiff blow hot and cold.

We blow cold and hot but teams still cant beat us.  *Touches wood.

This.

It could quite easily be a boring 0-0 or a boring 2-0. Depends on us taking our chances.

1-3. 

pretty easily ?

Am I thinking of the wrong game?

This is what I want to see:                 

Harper

Simpson colo Williamson Van

Routledge Gutherie Smith Jonas

Best/Shola  Loven

This is what we will get

Harper

Taylor  Colo Williamson Van

Gutherie Butt Smith Jonas

Carrol Nolan

Subs:

70th minute Routledge for Smith

78th minute Pancrate for Best

82nd minute Best for Carrol

Expect 0-0 with us chasing the game up till 70th minute. Hughton throws on "attacking options" which completely disjoints the already shite formation, que long ball desperation. Hughton praise work rate and team spirit, bemoans missed chances but "Cardiff are a tough side who are well organised".

Yes I belief he picks his subs before kick off....

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It'll be

Harper

R.Taylor    Williamson  Coloccini  Van Aanholt

Routledge      Nolan        Smith ©      Jonas

Carroll      Lovenkrands

Subs- Krul, Kadar, Hall, Pancrate/Butt, Guthrie, Best, Ranger

I see no reason why Routledge won't start, but it'll be Nolan and Smith in the middle

I'll be really pissed off if he starts Carroll and Lovenkrands upfront together again. I know partnerships take time but they just don't look like connecting at all, and as a side note - Carroll is fucking wank at the moment. If Shola's out it should be either Best or Ranger alongside Lovenkrands, without a shadow of a doubt.

Begging for a balanced midfield. I'd love to see: Routledge - Guthrie - Nolan - Jonas. The fact that Hughton subbed both Nolan and Smith at Leicester gives me a bit of hope he may not be satisfied with the two of them, but in all honesty - i can't see him scrapping the combination just now. Which is a shame, cos neither of them really merit a place in the side right now, whilst Guthrie does. Especially at home.

Fingers crossed for Simpson being back, too.

Harper

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Van Aanholt

Routledge - Guthrie - Nolan - Jonas

Best - Lovenkrands

Jury's out on Best, but - given the length of Taylor's injury - that's an Enrique away from our best eleven, if you ask me.

He appears to be able to pull his leg back and ping the ball with a bit of velocity. Which is more than what any of our strikers bar Shola have in their lockers. Bizarre, but it's things like that which make you realise where we're at. Growing up in an era where it was nothing but Shearer; we've got a collection of strikers this season which have, effectively, been afraid to shoot. They've all got their own qualities, but one thing that was refreshing when Harewood came in - was that he'd actually knock the ball out of his feet, and strike the thing. The most basic thing for a striker to do; and yet we've missed out on it for large portions of the season.

Shola is the exception, like i say.

Not sure Shola is the exception, his shooting is generally awful. The last couple of decent strikes he's had have been his first in years!

You're right though, we don't have anyone who looks direct for goal really... I love a striker who just looks to hit it at any opportunity. Defoe's probably the best example around.

Not sure Shola is the exception, his shooting is generally awful. The last couple of decent strikes he's had have been his first in years!

You're right though, we don't have anyone who looks direct for goal really... I love a striker who just looks to hit it at any opportunity. Defoe's probably the best example around.

That's just nonsense about Shola tbh. In fairness to him he's spent seasons out with injury/being fifth in the pecking order of strikers. He's always been a very good finisher of the ball, and it's no surprise having Shearer alongside him for the first five/six years of his career.

Guest icemanblue

That's just nonsense about Shola tbh. In fairness to him he's spent seasons out with injury/being fifth in the pecking order of strikers. He's always been a very good finisher of the ball, and it's no surprise having Shearer alongside him for the first five/six years of his career.

Really, though? Like, seriously?

He's struck a few decent shots in his time but he's never 'a very good finisher'.