128 days for Fabio to decide: So let us start with goalkeepers...

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone's voted for Carson? Blatantly Mike. :lol:

:lol: I'm not the only American here.

With my asshole hat off, you should take James. Depends on if he can keep those senior moments to a minimum. I don't really have any regard for any of the young English keepers, tbh. I think this is your most vulnerable area. No matter what happens, you'll spend your entire tournament with your hearts in your mouths.

Hat on, Robinson and Almunia every other half.

Senior moments?

He's been having his moments since he was 25.

I'm more shocked that 12 people have voted for Almunia.

If England didn't naturalise Cudicini back when he was one of the top keepers in our league then why would we have Almunia? He's fucking rubbish.

:lol: I'm not the only American here.

With my asshole hat off, you should take James. Depends on if he can keep those senior moments to a minimum. I don't really have any regard for any of the young English keepers, tbh. I think this is your most vulnerable area. No matter what happens, you'll spend your entire tournament with your hearts in your mouths.

Hat on, Robinson and Almunia every other half.

Senior moments?

He's been having his moments since he was 25.

:lol: I couldn't think of another way to put it.

Lol @

Kirkland  - 9 (3.3%)

Foster  - 14 (5.1%)

Votes discarded as humerus:

Carson  - 1 (0.4%)

Almunia  - 12 (4.4%) - you're voting for someone who isn't even eligible to play for us (and he's a bit shit)

Votes counted as both humerus and club loyal:

Harper  - 36 (13.2%)

Why aren't you flaunting your keepers Mike? One thing that the USA has over the English. Can think of half a dozen yank keepers I would have over the dross listed here.

Really? Who?

I'd say Howard and Friedel are better than the likes of Green & Hart but not massively so. Guzan is nothing special from what I've seen and Hahnemann is poor. Am I missing anyone?

Howard is f***ing brilliant.  I would f***ing love that f***er to be English.

f***.  Seriously though, aside from the lame joke.

He's a good keeper but not great.

I'm probably a bit harsh on him though after watching Neville Southall & Nigel Martyn (on the England subject, why didn't he get more caps? Better than Seaman, fantastic at Leeds especially) play for us.

I rate Guzan pretty highly, plus Howard and Friedel (both currently better than Guzan). And if you're going to draft James, I'd put Keller before him. And I don't think people like Hart are better than Perkins or Hahnemman.

The USA have a great goalkeeper tradition (I assume due to the prevalence of hand coordination sports - yank footie, basketball, baseball... that kids play there)

I rate Guzan pretty highly, plus Howard and Friedel (both currently better than Guzan). And if you're going to draft James, I'd put Keller before him. And I don't think people like Hart are better than Perkins or Hahnemman.

The USA have a great goalkeeper tradition (I assume due to the prevalence of hand coordination sports - yank footie, basketball, baseball... that kids play there)

Pretty much right on. We've got four keepers I wouldn't mind starting coming into the torunament, of course Friedel's internationall retired, but still.

Keller is average at best, good shot stopper back in the day but little else.

Not heard of Perkins but Hahnemann is suspect although he does occaisonally throw up a worldie performance.

I know there was a bit of a buzz about Guzan but I keep thinking of a couple of mistakes he made in the cup recently so that might be clouding my judgment

Hahnemann is one of the worst keepers to get regular football in the Prem over the past few years imo. Hart is quite a lot better than him, he's had a surprisingly good and consistent season. I don't think Keller has ever been better than James, not now & not when they were both younger, hence James playing at the top level for longer and for more big clubs than Keller did. Neither are anything special though.

No idea about Perkins but I think you're overrating the US keepers outside of Howard & Friedel quite a lot.

Guest firetotheworks

Harper. :lol:

Much as I like him, he's not being tested by some of the world's best players and hasn't even got a cap.

Ridiculous suggestion, we're talking about the World Cup here not some meaningless friendlies.

Then why choose Hart? It's ridiculous to think that it'll happen, but I dont think it's ridiculous to suggest that he's good enough for 3rd choice.

Hart is performing consistently well in the Premier League. He also has a full cap already. ???

...in a meaningless friendly. As for the worlds best players, Harper has, a long time ago admittedly, but he'll be more used to it than Hart.

what the f*** are you on about? Harper doesn't even have a full season in the premierleague as number 1, Hart has been performing very well this season for a team performing very well this season in the Premier-League. he's got more experience at the top level than harper, he's younger, his experience is recent rather than half a season 10 years ago and half a season in a relegated team, he's been in the england set up before, he's lets face it, better than harper. why anyone would pick harper over hart is truely beyond me.

cant see past green, hart and james with green. could possibly pick robinson or foster but to be frank Harper is a better keeper than robinson and Foster isn't really an option considering injuries/the fact he's 3rd choice.

Average is what were dealing with here. Absolutely none of those goalkeepers are anywhere near top class.

Exactly, so it makes sense to pick the ones who are dealing the best with the highest quality opposition.

I'm just saying who I'd pick. I know enough about Harper to know that he's not going to do any James-style clangers and will be pretty much reliable when you expect him to be, without being more than that. Hart for me is still untested psychologically at the highest level, whereas I think Harper has been. I dont think he'll be picked, or that Hart is the wrong decision, just that I'd personally choose him over Hart at the moment. FWIW Id still have James starting, even though I'd hardly trust him, he's the only one that can make the next level of saves and has the experience at that level.

what about when harper got selected following given's injury and looked like scot carson with the jitters (including being beaten by alonso from inside his own half).

Easy tiger. It's not worth debating tbh, because as far as I'm concerned they're all not good enough. It would be a argument over who's the shittest. I haven't seen enough from Hart, yet. I have of Harper, that's why I'd pick him as 3rd choice at the moment, it's as simple as that really. That's what the fuck I'm on about.