When did you start following The Toon?

MyPalAl

:nods: 05.

Liverpool fan for a day until I learned what the Champions League was. Couldn't bandwagon. Waited for the next season, decided I would support the worst team I saw.

Don't leave it at that, what happened after you started to support the mackems?

Liverpool fan for a day until I learned what the Champions League was. Couldn't bandwagon. Waited for the next season, decided I would support the worst team I saw.

:lol: Never saw them. It was between Spurs and NUFC towards the end.

As long as I can remember tbh. If I'm to get a source down it's probably the same as djmattis with his sticker book, I loved those as a kid. I can't remember my reason for why it was Newcastle that appealed to me, though.

I didn't have much of a choice as my dad already had one daughter who'd showed no interest whatsoever. I was his last chance. Christmas 1992 he bought me a load of gear - shirt, shorts, socks, hat etc and offered to take me to a match. I agreed and went to my first one in 1993 (can remember very little about it other than I had an amazing time and didn't have my glasses with me so I could barely see ;D )

All sort of spiralled out of control from there. I still hate my sister sometimes as she got off scot free.

Was it you that used that article about which teams to "choose" to support in the Prem or something? :lol:

Was it you that used that article about which teams to "choose" to support in the Prem or something? :lol:

Nah, I already had the needle in my arm by then. I sent Simmons an email telling him why he should choose us. He chose Spurs.

First really took note in 87/88 season, not sure why. Obviously I have family in the north east, but my dad is a villa fan as is my older brother, but I just picked them and that was that. I think a young Gazza might have made an impression on me.

Went to my first game (away to brentford) in 92/93.

Newcastle, three months ago  O0. I quite liked you in the 1990s though, like everybody else. Shearer obviously a legend. I remember watching the English League highlights show, and the presenter used to say "And now, Shearer's goal this week".

Barça, I don't know... the first clear memory I have is the league win in 1985 and me watching the game that clinched it with my dad (he taped it and my parents still keep the tape, although I assume it probably no longer works), I also have fragmentary images of Maradona in 1984. My first football memories are the 1982 World Cup at the Camp Nou, though.

I didn't have much of a choice as my dad already had one daughter who'd showed no interest whatsoever. I was his last chance. Christmas 1992 he bought me a load of gear - shirt, shorts, socks, hat etc and offered to take me to a match. I agreed and went to my first one in 1993 (can remember very little about it other than I had an amazing time and didn't have my glasses with me so I could barely see ;D )

All sort of spiralled out of control from there. I still hate my sister sometimes as she got off scot free.

:D I know what you mean

itsa shame so many of you younguns never experienced the terraces. getting squashed, wet, pissed on, great days.

I've never been pissed on, I've walked through it at the back of the Gallowgate and somehow managed to avoid anything worse than that.

itsa shame so many of you younguns never experienced the terraces. getting squashed, wet, pissed on, great days.

I've never been pissed on, I've walked through it at the back of the Gallowgate and somehow managed to avoid anything worse than that.

nor have i , ;D

i was plying the 'when i were a lad card'.

my school pal was pissed on tho, blackburn away84,i justed got splashed.

A month or so into last season.

I've enjoyed watching football for many years but the lack of a decent league in Australia limited my opportunity to catch some games. I made the choice to commit to a English team and the Toon got the pick. Why, you might ask. It was the closest EPL team to where my ancestors are from, my great grandfather moved from Scotland to Newcastle, Australia (100km or so north of Sydney), and I recognised Shearer. I couldn't give a flying **** about how we were doing, I just knew this was it and I haven't looked back. Experiencing relegation in the first season is a strange thing, perhaps not a jarring a feeling as the more seasoned supporters but it has only made me love the club more (and hate a fat man called Mike Ashley :rolleyes:)

Guest geordienorway

I got a shirt with Ferdinand on the back when I was 6, and that was it. Football cards have to take some blame as well.

Relatively new to the scene, about 04/05 (and now I lost all my cred on this board).

Same here. More like 06/07. Didn't follow the game professionally until then.

then what were you people thinking about?

Get out quick, while you can before its too late. run and never look back, if you dont it will be forty years before you know it.