Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

We've looked a beaten team from the first minute because of the way we set ourselves up.

However, I think most of the blame lies with the players who have been an absolute disgrace to the shirt today.

Very worrying signs.

We'll be lucky to make the playoffs at this rate. Why do we try this horrific brand of anti-football away from home?

KaKa reckons its because Hughton is a tactical genius

If we had just stuck with the 4-5-1 away we wouldn't be on the way to two consecutive losses.

Stuck with the 4-4-2 again today and hey presto.

There is absolutely no way in the world that the formation has been the problem today. 4-5-1 and they still would have put zero effort in.

My argument is we are so bad at actually playing football that we might as well accept it and commit to being an anti-football team completely and go 4-5-1. We'll be even more solid defensively, and then we can just try to nick goals from set pieces. We just have to get out of this league by any mean possible.

We'll be lucky to make the playoffs at this rate. Why do we try this horrific brand of anti-football away from home?

Sadly I see it as two things.  Over-paid arrogance that they can turn up and win or because Hughton is very negative and scared of playing anything but longball away from home.

The points gap to an non playoff place is huge, even we can't cock that up, but not a cat in hell's chance of us winning the playoffs after throwing away the lead we had, just won't happen, our only hope for promotion now lies in Forest melting like we seem to be right now.