Newcastle United 3-0 Preston North End - 20/02/10 - post match reaction from p15

Nate

Darren Ferguson "It was never a 3-0 game: that flatters Newcastle massively. They'll have a good chance of winning promotion if they get referees like they did today. You have to have strong referees, especially against Newcastle, and he [Andy Penn] wasn't strong enough, not for me anyway."

Darren Ferguson "It was never a 3-0 game: that flatters Newcastle massively. They'll have a good chance of winning promotion if they get referees like they did today. You have to have strong referees, especially against Newcastle, and he [Andy Penn] wasn't strong enough, not for me anyway."

He's right about one thing, the referee not being strong enough.  Let them kick Jonas time & time again.

If it was 3 at half time he couldn't have complained.

:mackems:

Fuck knows which game he was watching.

:mackems:

Fuck knows which game he was watching.

Like father, like son.

Guest Geordiekev

At least the Preston fans had fun playing with their balloons, that bloke in the suit looked pretty pissed off when he was told he could "now go back and enjoy the rest of his prawn sarnies" lol

At least the Preston fans had fun playing with their balloons, that bloke in the suit looked pretty pissed off when he was told he could "now go back and enjoy the rest of his prawn sarnies" lol

You know it was 'gentry day' for them.  There were a lot of people in suits and the like.

Some cunt on BBC's Football League show has just e-mailed saying Preston outplayed us in all departments and deserved something out of the game. Called himself Geordie Andy aka Darren Ferguson, utter bollocks. Oh and he said something about Preston's fans being the best at SJP this season!!! They were utter gash.

Some c*** on BBC's Football League show has just e-mailed saying Preston outplayed us in all departments and deserved something out of the game. Called himself Geordie Andy aka Darren Ferguson, utter bollocks. Oh and he said something about Preston's fans being the best at SJP this season!!! They were utter gash.

they weren't "utter gash". not the best but no way the worst.

I sit, sorry stand, right next to them and I thought they were very poor, maybe utter gash was a bit harsh. The middle sector seemed up for it but the fans closest to us were silent. Seemed to be having a good time in town before and after the match mind.

Was at the game today, in the moncur suite due to graft, a few observations! Arrived at one and the bait was great! Drinks were a few quid like, but scran more than made up for it. Met a few ex players ie moncur, frank clark was there today and pedro and beresford ( got autographs for the kids). Anyways afterwards they all said how crap the midfield was and beresford even said best isnt going to be a decent enough player for the toon and reckons he'll be gone in the summer.

Cracking day and spoke to mike ashley, seemed a nice bloke aswell, interesting that moats room is fecking huge and had plenty of drinks flowing in there!, after the match seen raylor and nolan outside ashleys room talking with his security and one said to raylor "how come best is s****"!! Quality

Great day s**** game!

That's brilliant, man!

Rubbish being in the championship. I can't even find our goals, yet. Still a 3-0 win does me just fine. Happy with the result, even if I still haven't seen anything of the game.

Was at the game today, in the moncur suite due to graft, a few observations! Arrived at one and the bait was great! Drinks were a few quid like, but scran more than made up for it. Met a few ex players ie moncur, frank clark was there today and pedro and beresford ( got autographs for the kids). Anyways afterwards they all said how crap the midfield was and beresford even said best isnt going to be a decent enough player for the toon and reckons he'll be gone in the summer.

Cracking day and spoke to mike ashley, seemed a nice bloke aswell, interesting that moats room is fecking huge and had plenty of drinks flowing in there!, after the match seen raylor and nolan outside ashleys room talking with his security and one said to raylor "how come best is shite"!! Quality

Great day shite game!

:lol:  :thup:

Guest toonlass

Cracking day and spoke to mike ashley, seemed a nice bloke aswell, interesting that moats room is fecking huge and had plenty of drinks flowing in there!, after the match seen raylor and nolan outside ashleys room talking with his security and one said to raylor "how come best is shite"!! Quality

Great day shite game!

Fucking prawn sandwich brigade!

Once I heard Routledge was out I knew it would not flow like Wednesday, but we still dominated the game and could have won by more than 3.

Harper was impeccable, it's good to know that should the opposition get past the best defence in the league they still have to get past the best keeper. Colo and Williamson again looked extremely assured against physical forwards.

Does Darren Ferguson get employed because of his surname ? His team were lame - you can see why their results are so poor and his post match comments were just plain stupid.

Harper- 7 One good save, some poor kicking

Simpson- 7 Better game i thought

Coloccini- 8 Class all game

Williamson- 7 Solid outing

Van Aanholt- 6 looked a touch shaky at times

Guthrie- 8 Ran the show for us, kept things ticking despite being on the right, neglected the flank though

Smith- 6 Put his foot in but offered little but effort

Nolan- 7 Better game, got his goal

Jonas- 7 Much better second half, took the game to them

Lovenkrands - ? Scored

Carroll- 6 Had no service to feed off

Best- 6 Worked hard and could have scored but didn't really threaten

Pancrate + Taylor- 7 Good cameo's, one touch each.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Harper- 7 One good save, some poor kicking

Simpson- 7 Better game i thought

Coloccini- 8 Class all game

Williamson- 7 Solid outing

Van Aanholt- 6 looked a touch shaky at times

Guthrie- 8 Ran the show for us, kept things ticking despite being on the right, neglected the flank though

Smith- 6 Put his foot in but offered little but effort

Nolan- 7 Better game, got his goal

Jonas- 7 Much better second half, took the game to them

Lovenkrands - ? Scored

Carroll- 6 Had no service to feed off

Best- 6 Worked hard and could have scored but didn't really threaten

Pancrate + Taylor- 7 Good cameo's, one touch each.

TBH it looked like he was a bit reluctant to go forward without support, whether that was him or Hughtons instructions????? Gonna miss him though if Jose is out for awhile :sadnod:

Would also like to say thanks to the leazes corner, the 'Do you take it up the ar5e' sung to the bloke in the dress and wig made for some canny conversation with my son  about what it meant :blush: