Football podcasts

Gash

On 18/01/2023 at 07:51, TRC said:

Wilson's podcast is canny this week. He's so harsh to poor Michael Antonio who takes it in good banter to be fair.

I was dying when he says (of West Ham) "So you're trying to play football now, you just don't have the players for it?" [emoji38]

• 1 month later...

Leeds fans have a podcast called propaganda and they go thru various podcasts and YouTube shows of that weeks opponents pre and post match and just rip them apart. It’s really fun especially after a win. It’s such a good idea wish there was a Newcastle version of that. 

The Athletic Football Podcast really has come on leaps and bounds over the past 12 months, at least for me. Was worried when they switched to a daily format that it would just be more inane shite, but they generally have cover really interesting stuff, even when its based specifically on other clubs. Rarely over an hour. Of course it helps having Mark Chapman hosting most of them, going between him and Taylor on PotT really highlights how important a proper presenter can be. 

Mark Chapman is very good.

Its really rough POTT, I listen every week. I think Jacob Whitehead is pretty good addition, I wouldn't mind him and Waugh going off on their own.

The PlanetFPL podcasts are really good, its tailored to FPL but the host James really knows his stuff, he also does tactical analysis of games/teams.

52 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Anyone on here listen to (or willing to admit) the true faith stuff?  If so, what happened to that Norman fellow that was a regular on it?

Left because of other commitments apparently. That’s all that was said 

On 23/03/2023 at 11:10, sushimonster85 said:

The Athletic Football Podcast really has come on leaps and bounds over the past 12 months, at least for me. Was worried when they switched to a daily format that it would just be more inane shite, but they generally have cover really interesting stuff, even when its based specifically on other clubs. Rarely over an hour. Of course it helps having Mark Chapman hosting most of them, going between him and Taylor on PotT really highlights how important a proper presenter can be. 

Couldn't agree more, and therefore I have to take back what I've said about it in the past. It'll probably still be pretentious now and again but, tbh, suddenly it's the best football podcast around by an absolute mile. That two-parter about the future of world football with Chapman, Matt Slater, Adam Crafton and Laura Williamson was brilliant. Great to finally have another podcast (in the absence of Set Piece Menu xox) which is consistently thought-provoking and different to the norm of "what's happening/happened" this weekend. 

It'd be great if they could up the production quality, like. Surely the NYT can afford to deck everyone out with the right gear and some instructions on how not to sound like they're on a low quality Zoom call?

On 13/02/2023 at 16:01, jack j said:

Love undr the cosh like. Think I've watched just about everyone now

Enjoyed them in the past but the latest couple i've seen have been a bit tired. The Mick Harford one started out ok but the constant stories about him scrapping in pubs with Tony Coton, and elbowing center halves on the pitch, egged on by the hosts got a bit boring. The Baaly one, i'm half an hour in and it's dull as fuck.

16 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Enjoyed them in the past but the latest couple i've seen have been a bit tired. The Mick Harford one started out ok but the constant stories about him scrapping in pubs with Tony Coton, and elbowing center halves on the pitch, egged on by the hosts got a bit boring. The Baaly one, i'm half an hour in and it's dull as fuck.

Aye I switched the Harford one off. Not watched the Ball one yet. Enjoyed the fella from Barnsley though

17 hours ago, andycap said:

Most of there better guests seem to have left aswell. Hirst must of pissed them off with his charlotte love in. 

Marc Corby and as has been said Norman were good contributors- knowledgeable and down to earth. I don’t watch any TF stuff since their departure. I also think Emil is canny but the lad he does the “Toon pints” pod with is so full of himself he makes it unwatchable.

19 hours ago, andycap said:

That true faith content is just charlotte and knacker dan saying class all the time. I quite like emil franchi from there though. 

Norman was decent. Emil seems like a good lad. Mate’s with a pal of mine and met him years ago. Got too big for that pod now he’s a radio star :lol: 

Now It’s just Charlotte saying errrrrm, like, lush, we’re fucking class/mint. 

Then the other bloke who says like every third or fourth word. 

I genuinely used to like it and still listen now and then. But it has become pretty shit, TBH. 

That's pretty on point tbh. 

I occasionally overindulge in the word like but Christ that kid man. It's almost like a tick. 

Them going on with the the whole he's class & lush thing makes me laugh mind. Reminds me of the Simpsons quote "The man never drank a Duff in his life"

Nothing authentic about it in the slightest. 

I only really know of TF, Gallowgate Shots and Pod on the Tyne. 

TF is getting repetitive and a bit wank.

GS is good, even if they do waffle on and get bogged down on some menial thing too often.

The Athletic one has some quality content. But the host is a bellend and Caulkin may be a decent journo. But he comes across terribly on there. 

Any others worth checking out? Podcasts, not Youtube vids. 

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

It’s nice that the new journalist covering Newcastle on the Caulkin podcast is a privately educated posh lad with zero ties to the club or the area. This is how we know we have arrived.

Who is it ? Are they part of the Hurst / Robson old tie cabal? 

Just now, OCOCOL said:

Who is it ? Are they part of the Hurst / Robson old tie cabal? 

Nah, don’t think so. Some lad who supports Everton. I generally enjoy the Athletic’s content but it does get tiring hearing that exact same voice exude that exact same above it all attitude