Football podcasts

Gash

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

I know people probably find it too wanky with it's irreverent style humour, but the usual host of the TIFO podcast (Joe Devine) has been away for a few weeks and I actually think it's been pretty good in his absence.

All of the podcasts are miles better when they just stick to the football like. All of the attempts at humour come across as forced and lacking authenticity these days and that's before getting onto whether anyone find it funny or not. The Ramble used to be really funny, but it feels scripted now. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Don't know if anyone has listened to it, but The Sweeper Podcast is worth a listen, the guys presenting aren't the most natural presenters and are slightly dry, but it's a interesting podcast.

Basically every two weeks they discuss stories from smaller countries (primary within UEFA) that don't really get any attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I've mentioned it, but the Spanish Football Podcast with Sid Lowe is worth a listen, became by regular listen every Monday recently.

They've also just started to release a Cult Heros series, talking about cult heros you may not be aware off, the story of Jorge Alberto Gonzalez of Cadiz fame is wild, well worth a listen...

https://spotify.link/vPy4o3w88yb

Toon Under Podcast is really good, has Seb Stafford Bloor previewing the Spurs game and a bit about Diaby at the end.

Its really scary that every Spurs fan I respect thinks tis going to be 3 or 4 nil to us mind.

That was genuinely an outstanding listen.

The best bit is when he said he was away at City for Burnley and Barnes puts Burnley 1 nil up. [emoji38]

"They are off celebrating and I'm thinking 'shit we've just woken them up'". [emoji38]

On 05/04/2023 at 13:52, TRC said:

Joe Devine is great. I used to think he was a bit annoying, but he's very good at what he does imo.

Christ, really?

I think he's an insufferable cunt who thinks he's 1990s era James Richardson, he's awful.

11 minutes ago, brummie said:

Christ, really?

I think he's an insufferable cunt who thinks he's 1990s era James Richardson, he's awful.

On 04/05/2021 at 23:37, Disco said:

Guy who hosts the Tifo podcast is amongst the top 5 worst people on earth.

Hasn’t got any better then? I genuinely gave up listening as he made me angry. How can someone be that unfunny and have such bad patter and be in a presenting role?

10 minutes ago, Disco said:

Hasn’t got any better then? I genuinely gave up listening as he made me angry. How can someone be that unfunny and have such bad patter and be in a presenting role?

He grows on you. I dont think its him, its just how the show is, even JJ Bull presents that way when he guest hosts.

14 minutes ago, TRC said:

He grows on you. I dont think its him, its just how the show is, even JJ Bull presents that way when he guest hosts.

I really wanted to stick by it as they were genuinely insightful but his voice, demeanour and personality I just can’t hack so had to pack it in. Only review I’ve ever put on Apple is about him.  

33 minutes ago, Disco said:

I really wanted to stick by it as they were genuinely insightful but his voice, demeanour and personality I just can’t hack so had to pack it in. Only review I’ve ever put on Apple is about him.  

:lol: show us 

Joe is class imo. Definitely takes some getting used to though, can definitely see why some would find it annoying :lol:

Love the TIFO podcast tbh, some of the tangents they go down have me trying not to crack up in the street walking to work. JJ especially is great

Theres a plethora of football podcasts out there but I really struggle to find many that I really like all that much. Admittedly, I want something with at least a bit of craic but which is fairly insightful too. I refuse to listen to anything with that cunt Glendinning on, and it seems most journalists cant translate good writing to good oration, because a lot of them sound boring as fuck. POTT is prime example; Caulkin, Waugh or that new fella might well be good writers, but none of them are made to podcast. The only reason I ever listen to that one is for bits of insider information provided by Caulkin or Waugh whilst gritting my teeth through their woeful patter. 

Podcasts lose a crucial element when they're done online too, they're all way better when they're done in a studio where hosts/participants/guests can bounce off eachother, its so much more natural and that goes for any podcast, not just football ones - I'd guess the most successful ones are done when everyone is in the same room. The last thing I want to hear is some dullard drone on through their laptop mic - obviously that doesn't go for smaller podcasts where it might not be logistically possible and they're amateurs doing it for fun but thats not necessarily what we're talking about here. 

I still listen to the Football Ramble. It went way downhill for a bit with a new format but now they have Marcus Speller presenting it the majority of the time and its mostly the four originals plus a few others in various combinations. Its not everyones cup of tea but I still enjoy it after all these years. Wouldnt say it offers real insight though. Gave The Athletic Football podcast a bash the other week but I got annoyed at some prick they had on giving the betfair or whatever odds throughout, if I wanted to know what the bookmakers were offering Id listen to the fucking Racing Post podcast. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

JLA is the GOAT. 

Even his Ripple Effect seems decent. 

Always a nice balance between stats and feeling.

Helps that he's a QPR fan and holds very little bias.

I also watch JAFFN with him and the Spurs fella, which is just a goofy laugh. 

16 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Gave The Athletic Football podcast a bash the other week but I got annoyed at some prick they had on giving the betfair or whatever odds throughout, if I wanted to know what the bookmakers were offering Id listen to the fucking Racing Post podcast. 

That’s only the Friday one in fairness which isn’t bad aside as it’s the same people each time so there’s a bit crack on albeit they’re all Midlands so that’s that. The others through the week are usually subject specific albeit Chappers does his best to ruin them.