Football podcasts

Gash

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

That’s only the Friday one in fairness which isn’t bad aside as it’s the same people each time so there’s a bit crack on albeit they’re all Midlands so that’s that. The others through the week are usually subject specific albeit Chappers does his best to ruin them.

Ah you've just reminded me of the brummie on there. Lord above that accent. 

34 minutes ago, Disco said:

That’s only the Friday one in fairness which isn’t bad aside as it’s the same people each time so there’s a bit crack on albeit they’re all Midlands so that’s that. The others through the week are usually subject specific albeit Chappers does his best to ruin them.

:lol: I'm coming round to him. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: I'm coming round to him. 

He means well but he just needs to learn to stay out of stuff he either clearly doesn’t know about, approximately no one is tuning in for his opinion. I quite like it overall though, it goes deep enough into specific subjects without going so far as I’d not care. Like the finance/transfer stuff. Eg. I’d not listen to that Kieran Maguire pod or any transfer specific one but happy enough to hear they’re on it.

9 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Bring back the Three Legends I say

I remember listening a few times when I was up staying with family.

Didn’t Super Mac make a really awful Stewart Downing joke live on air. Then come up with some half arsed apology? Or have I imagined that :lol: 

On Tifo this week they talk about our match for 6 minutes. We're mentioned in one sentence "Newcastle pressed really well and took their chances"

The remainder of the 6 minutes in entirely devoted to Spurs.

So that's no coverage all season, then featured as the main event when Villa beat us, then not featured at all in the review of a match we won 6-1 :lol:

In better news, their middle class patter black hole of a podcast is ending in June.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

On Tifo this week they talk about our match for 6 minutes. We're mentioned in one sentence "Newcastle pressed really well and took their chances"

The remainder of the 6 minutes in entirely devoted to Spurs.

So that's no coverage all season, then featured as the main event when Villa beat us, then not featured at all in the review of a match we won 6-1 :lol:

In better news, their middle class patter black hole of a podcast is ending in June.

Listened to a couple of other podcasts and it’s the same thing. Absolutely infuriating going to take a long time to smash this media bias I think. 

the lack of coverage about us is completely belittling. 

Probably because Spurs meltdown is a bigger story. Its also a bigger news to see a big team in ruins to neutrals, everyone will be loving this Spurs downfall. Its nothing personal.

On 20/04/2023 at 14:29, Disco said:

Hasn’t got any better then? I genuinely gave up listening as he made me angry. How can someone be that unfunny and have such bad patter and be in a presenting role?

They are changing their format now. It's going to be long form interviews with people in football and John Mackenzie doing the interviewing.

I don't buy that tbh. Man United have been a basket case for the best part of 10 years. Within that time, any time they've been beaten well by 'the other 14' it's never been about the other team playing well.

It got to the point of being absolutely ridiculous, Man United being poor wasn't news, teams beating them well wasn't news, yet still the same conversations over and over and over again. The entire rhetoric around 'how can this be happening?' as better teams continued to beat them.

Now you can perhaps understand that with a team as historically successful as Man United after they've been done in by say Brentford (although I still don't like it or agree with it)

But Spurs? :lol: They've won nothing. They've done nothing. They're not a good team and they've just been battered by the team in 3rd. It's completely backwards.

Reverse that scoreline and it's 100% about how good Spurs look. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't buy that tbh. Man United have been a basket case for the best part of 10 years. Within that time, any time they've been beaten well by 'the other 14' it's never been about the other team playing well.

It got to the point of being absolutely ridiculous, Man United being poor wasn't news, teams beating them well wasn't news, yet still the same conversations over and over and over again. The entire rhetoric around 'how can this be happening?' as better teams continued to beat them.

You can perhaps understand that with a team as historically successful as Man United after they've been done in by Brentford (although I still don't like it or agree with it)

But Spurs? :lol: They've won nothing. They've done nothing. They're not a good team and they've just been battered by the team in 3rd. It's completely backwards.

Reverse that scoreline and it's 100% about how good Spurs look. 

This feels like the end for Spurs, but Man U will always be around the top teams. Can see Spurs finishing 9th next year.

Fair play to TFS this week. I'm not its biggest fan by any means but they actually talked about us with an iota of a clue about how we play and how our players are performing.

Daniel Storey touted Willock (rightly along with Jacob Ramsey) for the 3rd midfield position alongside Rice and Bellingham. Something The Football Ramble - clearly having not paid much attention this season - laughed off as ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Fair play to TFS this week. I'm not its biggest fan by any means but they actually talked about us with an iota of a clue about how we play and how our players are performing.

Daniel Storey touted Willock (rightly along with Jacob Ramsey) for the 3rd midfield position alongside Rice and Bellingham. Something The Football Ramble - clearly having not paid much attention this season - laughed off as ridiculous. 

Vish doesn't have a clue, classic Man Utd supporting Londoner.

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

Vish doesn't have a clue, classic Man Utd supporting Londoner.

It was Luke as well, with Marcus giggling as he said it. I only ever put it on when we've had a really good result, but it's always a massive let down. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It was Luke as well, with Marcus giggling as he said it. I only ever put it on when we've had a really good result, but it's always a massive let down. 

The ramble part of it really seems to have just turned into bantz.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Never has a man enjoyed the sound of his own voice as much as Luke Moore.

Second what was said about Vish too. Absolute knowledge vacuum.

I’ll not have a bad word said about Marcus mind.

Edited by christ

Have to say, like, but listening to the Spurs podcast (no particular reason) having an obviously experienced host makes a huge difference. His anger is exhilarating at times and he brings in the others expertly. Makes that canny lad we have doing ours seem hugely limited

I don't listen to podcasts, but sometimes watch Loaded and The Toon Review on youtube, the Loaded lads seem to know their football, or at least Pete does, and the others are canny. The stats lad Alex is the main reason I watch the Toon Review, he's great.

I still have a soft spot for the True Faith show as well, unlike most on here. I know they are just chatting shit, but Charlotte and Hirst do bounce off each other pretty well, and it makes me laugh usually.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Love KI's level of spite on things like this.

For schadenfreude fans 'The View From The Lane' is a good listen this week.

:lol: I have a real problem with people (particularly middle class journalists) talking uninformed shite about football like, I can't lie. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

:lol: I have a real problem with people (particularly middle class journalists) talking uninformed shite about football like, I can't lie. 

I had this thought at the weekend; if it’s your job you have no excuse.