Football podcasts

Gash

Right just had a listen (it's not a podcast I usually listen to...... its shit and only generally focuses on those certain few clubs) and he talks shit, makes us out to be dirty as opposed to stronger. We're strong and organised when out of possession but that's not how we create so many  chances. Never mentions the Arsenal gamesmanship when we were headline news last season for it.

Edited by madras

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

Atletico Tyneside is such a lazy comparison. 

Initially I was OK, we do share a bit, the work ethic, the organisation etc, and I'm actually quite proud of that,  on hearing the rest of it it's lazy BS.

23 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Having to resist the urge to post for the umpeenth time about the many ways in which that podcast absolutely sucks balls.

Please don't hesitate. "X podcast is shit for Y reason" is great sustenance.

3 hours ago, TRC said:

Atletico Tyneside is such a lazy comparison. 

Second top scorers in the league but causally ignored because we don’t roll over for the ESL teams anymore.  

#headsgone AOTS. It’s fucking hilarious.

On 06/10/2023 at 19:17, Tiresias said:

I get the annoyance at Micah Richards totally, his analysis is pretty poor but I have moderately enjoyed rest is football mainly for the first hand stories from Linekar, Shearer and Richards, but yes can be a slog. However todays episode with Thierry Henry I really really recommend cos Henry talks really openly about his mental health during playing (he realised he was always looking for approval from his dad he never could get when he really needed it), he comes accross as incredibly self aware of himself in a way few are. Also found his other stuff really good. Don't really hear many interviews with players unguarded etc about it and have to slightly credit Richards for it cos it's clear he did it cos they're friends. 

Just catching up with this. I think The Rest Is Football is a decent podcast, especially the tales from their playing days. 

The two episodes with Henry are brilliant and really insightful into his thoughts as a person. 

I’ve totally changed my mind on The Rest is Football. Thought it was crap at first but I love it now. Some great tales from Gary and Micah. Probably the only place I can stomach Micah. One of Gary’s stories about the 90 World Cup had me quite emotional, not gonna lie. 

John Obi Mikel has a podcast now and it’s pretty good. Looks studio backed as he had Terry and Lampard as his first guests so he’ll probably be getting some more big names in soon. 

Edited by Astroblack

9 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Apart from the Totally Football European Show, are there any other pods that do a roundup of the weekends events across Europe?

Might be worth hunting out Trans Europe Express on Talksport. Not sure they do it as a podcast though.

Danny Kelly and Andy Brassell usually. 

9 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Apart from the Totally Football European Show, are there any other pods that do a roundup of the weekends events across Europe?

I don't mind The Euro Leagues.  You have to put up with some extremely pretentious journos, usually Julien 'PSG cheerleader' Laurens, James May, I mean James Horncastle and Raphael Honigstein.  But I still think it is worth a listen to get up to speed on Germany, France and Italy. 

51 minutes ago, Disco said:

Might be worth hunting out Trans Europe Express on Talksport. Not sure they do it as a podcast though.

Danny Kelly and Andy Brassell usually. 

cheers. Will have a look. :thup:

11 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I don't mind The Euro Leagues.  You have to put up with some extremely pretentious journos, usually Julien 'PSG cheerleader' Laurens, James May, I mean James Horncastle and Raphael Honigstein.  But I still think it is worth a listen to get up to speed on Germany, France and Italy. 

I like the Athletics. Just wondered if something different was available. I don’t mind any of them although Horncastle clearly loves himself. I struggle to understand that Spaniard who gets on as well. 

10 hours ago, Astroblack said:

I’ve totally changed my mind on The Rest is Football. Thought it was crap at first but I love it now. Some great tales from Gary and Micah. Probably the only place I can stomach Micah. One of Gary’s stories about the 90 World Cup had me quite emotional, not gonna lie. 

John Obi Mikel has a podcast now and it’s pretty good. Looks studio backed as he had Terry and Lampard as his first guests so he’ll probably be getting some more big names in soon. 

The Obi One (Wan). His interview of Terry was interesting. Terry is super narcissistic as you would expect.  Obi seemed in love with him though and it sounds like the Chelsea players in general really liked and respected him. 

But he’s obviously a prick. 

I only listen to ex footballer podcasts and tactical stuff now. And FPL content.  Most good FPL pods know more about the PL than most journalists. They look at data and fixtures which really helps. 

Acrually some banter stuff for the lols too. 

I stopped listening to journalist led podcasts in the main. Too pretentious. Spread too thin. 

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

Under The Cosh still my favourite.

I've been a fan for a while but I do think it depends on the guests they get on & they have a tendency to get people to repeat stories we've heard before.

Also it gets quite noticeable that Parky basically has two questions only, 1) "I bet you had some good nights out though?" and 2) "What were he like?"

12 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I've been a fan for a while but I do think it depends on the guests they get on & they have a tendency to get people to repeat stories we've heard before.

Also it gets quite noticeable that Parky basically has two questions only, 1) "I bet you had some good nights out though?" and 2) "What were he like?"

He’s speaking to them on their level. 

22 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

On the Continent. I think Andy Brassell is great. Really knowledgeable and without the horrendous levels of misplaced smugness you get from the majority football journos. Probably the best non-nufc focused journalist when speaking about us too, given he lives up here. 

44 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

On the Continent. I think Andy Brassell is great. Really knowledgeable and without the horrendous levels of misplaced smugness you get from the majority football journos. Probably the best non-nufc focused journalist when speaking about us too, given he lives up here. 

Does he? I thought he just knew the area because he was at uni up here or something along those lines.