Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Kevin Doyle would be great foil for Andy Carroll next season.

Grafts for the full 90 and rarely gives the ball away, tore Aston Villa (who have the best defence in the league i think) apart at times yesterday. The sort of player who bring our midfield players like Routledge and Jonas into the game from more advanced positions, instead of having to run at the opposition from the half way line all the time.

He's also a very good header of the ball which would add to our, already good, aerial threat.

Dorrans would be a good one to look at but I don't think WBA will sell to us and bigger teams will come in for him.

Right on both counts, unfortunately, anyway why would you want him, you have the Championships top player in Nolan! :rolleyes:

Kevin Doyle would be great foil for Andy Carroll next season.

Grafts for the full 90 and rarely gives the ball away, tore Aston Villa (who have the best defence in the league i think) apart at times yesterday. The sort of player who bring our midfield players like Routledge and Jonas into the game from more advanced positions, instead of having to run at the opposition from the half way line all the time.

He's also a very good header of the ball which would add to our, already good, aerial threat.

Doyle and Carroll would be far too static.

Guest Heneage

Doyle and Karl Henry have looked very good on the few occassions I've watched them. I also like N'zonzi, and think he'd give our midfield a bit of athleticism.

Dorrans would be a good one to look at but I don't think WBA will sell to us and bigger teams will come in for him.

No chance. More realistic would be Cleverley, either on loan from Man Utd if they decide to offer him a new contract or on a free.

No chance. More realistic would be Cleverley, either on loan from Man Utd if they decide to offer him a new contract or on a free.

wouldnt be free i think would go to tribunal

Guest malandro

We will bargain hunting. Players with 12 months or less left on there contract & players at clubs doing fire sales will I reckon be our main shopping places.

This

We will bargain hunting. Players with 12 months or less left on there contract & players at clubs doing fire sales will I reckon be our main shopping places.

I doubt we'll be the only team doing that. A lot of teams will be shopping on the cheap. West Ham will be having a clear out, especially if they get relegated. Roy Hodgson says Fulham aren't going to be breaking the bank: - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8578757.stm

I doubt we'll be the only team doing that. A lot of teams will be shopping on the cheap. West Ham will be having a clear out, especially if they get relegated. Roy Hodgson says Fulham aren't going to be breaking the bank: - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8578757.stm

Was talking about this on the way home from Bristol yesterday. Although I have nothing against them, I'd like to see West Ham go down as they have plenty of players I'd like to see us pick up.