Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

for swedes on here,

how is Viktor Elm doing?

He had a very good first season at Heerenveen, not heard too much about him this season but they haven't been performing that good as a team. His younger brother Rasmus is the one to look out for, fantastic footballing brain. The most intelligent midfielder I've seen from Sweden in a long, long time. Viktor is probably going to be Premier League material in a couple of years though.

Am I right in saying Gamst Pedersen is out of contract in the summer? Would be a cracking signing IMO. Admittedly, central midfield is more of a pressing issue.

He'd be perfect for us. "Desperate for a central midfielder" seems to translate into "Go get another winger!" in Newcastle.

Imo, it speaks volumes that no one has snapped up Gamst from Blackburn all these years. Inconsistent, lazy player who does something brilliant once in a red moon, nothing more.

Inconsistent yes, but on a free and for a relatively decent wage, I'd snap him up.

Imo, it speaks volumes that no one has snapped up Gamst from Blackburn all these years. Inconsistent, lazy player who does something brilliant once in a red moon, nothing more.

Inconsistent yes, but on a free and for a relatively decent wage, I'd snap him up.

I'd take him as we need cover for Jonas and he's a proven PL player. Not that he'd be content with being a squad player, mind.

Pedersen has looked absolute shite for ages. Starting to look like he gives a shit a little bit more this season, which is no surprise considering he's now playing for a contract.

He's been offered a contract yonks ago, didn't sign it, Fat Sam's been threatening not to play him unless he signs as well. He's playing to get a new club, imo.

He's also :hom: Perhaps Xisco would return if he arrived ;)

In all seriousness he's a talented lad who for the right price (free) would undoubtably add something to our squad. I always give the player the benift of the doubt in these situations, perhaps a change in club will do him good.

If West Ham go down would love for us to go for Carlton Cole

I like him but he's far too injury prone for our club. :undecided:

Wouldnt that be hes not injury prone enough for our club.

Overhyped, high wages, prone to injury. We've signed that type of player many times before.

thats what makes our club great.

Would definitely be looking in the direction of Wigan and Portsmouth for some cheap(ish) buys if we're promoted.

anyone know if Vanden Borre is getting a look in at Portsmouth?

I remember him being outstanding at Anderlecht at right back and in midfield but then a move to Fiorentina halted his progress.

Fernando Alexandre has emerged as a target for Newcastle United.

"...But at the moment I am fighting hard for Leixoes - but it is always good clubs such as Newcastle are looking at you, it is flattering."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6046357,00.html

Anyone have a clue about him? ???

defensive midfielder according to wiki, 5'9 and 24-thats all i know, to football manager!