Bristol City vs Newcastle 5:20pm Sat 20/03/10 pre-match thread - Live on Sky

Fenham Mag

Guest Phil K

Could be they'll be so wound up to impress it'll blow up in their faces.

We can hope anyway.

They got away with murder at SJP in the 0-0.

We owe them one.

Guest palnese

Official site has Lovenkrands down as a doubt. Will be mightily pissed off if I turn up at Ashton Gate on saturday to find that Nicky Butt has come into the midfield with Nolan playing up top with Carroll.

Shouldn't be to much of a problem if Guthrie can keep his form up, and Jonas and Routledge start..

Bristol's main threat in terms of pace and creativity, Campbell-Rice was sent off on Tuesday night and therefore should not play on Saturday.

Can only be a positive for us.

I thought Haynes looked like they're biggest threat when I saw them beat West Brom.  Very quick and direct, then again he was against Joe Mattock, Enrique should do a much better job against him.

Official site has Lovenkrands down as a doubt. Will be mightily pissed off if I turn up at Ashton Gate on saturday to find that Nicky Butt has come into the midfield with Nolan playing up top with Carroll.

Shouldn't be to much of a problem if Guthrie can keep his form up, and Jonas and Routledge start..

Don't be daft, man. We're as good as down to ten men if that happens.

aye, if guthries instructed to play it safe. :pow:

Guest palnese

Yes, but we should have enough quality in the side to beat them.

I will never bet on us to win a game if Butt is confirmed in the starting Xl.

I'm the same, the alternative is playing Best up front and that doesn't make me feel much more confident.

I will never bet on us to win a game if Butt is confirmed in the starting Xl.

Agreed, in fact any combination of either Nolan or Smith with Butt in the team together and I normally bet on the other side to get a result.