Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

I know it's a mad theory like, but i'd prefer us to actually try and do well in the competition :lol:

Fair enough, we'll not win it, but other than Spain, Germany & Holland the rest of the teams hardly have much to shout about either.

Personally we are no better than than a quarter final team and Italy and France if the coaches pick the right players are much better than us too.

Good appointment in my opinion. He will definitely get England into an organised unit tactically but I don't expect much success because of the lack of quality players available. I am surprised to see people like Smalling and Cahill selected over Lescott on the last page, Lescott and Terry has to be the defensive partnership in my opinion.

Guest bimpy474

Good appointment in my opinion. He will definitely get England into an organised unit tactically but I don't expect much success because of the lack of quality players available. I am surprised to see people like Smalling and Cahill selected over Lescott on the last page, Lescott and Terry has to be the defensive partnership in my opinion.

Glen Johnson over Micah Richards at RB had me scrathing my head, Richards is by far the better player, yet Capello didn't even put him in the squad at times, hopefully Woy will sort that little one out.

Capello valued experience more than youth imo and that was the principle failure of his time managing England, tactically he was fine imo, unambitious but can't afford to be in a limited team, just tried to get the team organised well. Roy will do the same and hopefully bring some promising youth players in though.

Still don't expect, the primary problems of England are shoddy attitude by over-rated players

Guest je85

I think Crouch will get into the squad.

He should IMO, best option available.

This.

Or Zamora maybe, some of his best football was under Hodgson in the Europa League latter stages.

I think Crouch will get into the squad.

He should IMO, best option available.

This.

Or Zamora maybe, some of his best football was under Hodgson in the Europa League latter stages.

Fulham, Zamora and Hodgson all were immense that time. Really wanted them to win the Cup that season.

Guest Craig-NUFC

If I were Hodgson Id cap Arteta, given hes fit in time. Exactly the player England needs.

The home nations have a 'gentleman's agreement' to not play foreigners who have gained British nationality. Probably why they're all shit. Need a token Brazilian like everyone else seems to have.

Guest bimpy474

The bloke at the press conference can;t say his 'r's either :lol:

I was chuckling at that too, he keeps saying Woy :D

Within 5 minutes of Adrian Durham & Darren Gough's show starting, I've conclused that these 2 are twats.

Just called the recruitment process a pantomime and that the villain (Hodgson) won. That is ridiculous.

Guest je85

Never gonna happen.

Doesnt stop your cricket side from recuiting players from South Africa.

Or the cycling pinching a Kenyan born South African, but it won't happen with Arteta.

Stupid decision by the FA and stupid decision by woy to take it, it'll only end in one way, disaster.

Same people who are behind him getting this job on here, are the same people who posted and or laughed at the plethora of gifs of him having a mental breakdown on the Liverpool touchline when it all went wrong, those same people will be there on queue to laugh when the same happens with England.

Within 5 minutes of Adrian Durham & Darren Gough's show starting, I've conclused that these 2 are twats.

Just called the recruitment process a pantomime and that the villain (Hodgson) won. That is ridiculous.

They're just a couple of thick WUMs.  Can't stand Durham's voice.

I've a feeling that Hodgson doesn't know what he's stepped into taking this job on and I think the pressure will get to him more than it has got to others in the past.

Guest bimpy474

I've a feeling that Hodgson doesn't know what he's stepped into taking this job on and I think the pressure will get to him more than it has got to others in the past.

I think the opposite, i reckon he knows exactly what he is doing, an experienced manager who has took a team to a World Cup and a Euro Championship. I think people are under estimating him massively.