Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

The FIFA rankings are a load of rubbish though.  You usually see that Mexico and the US up in the 10s all of the time.

Anyhow, IIRC Switzerland came last in the group.  We (Scotland) won 1-0 against them with a superb Ally McCoist volley at Villa Park.

We also lost 2-0, thanks to 'that goal' that Gazza scored.

He wasn't manager. Those were the first big games after he had left.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Manager_of_the_Year

good luck roy, one 'unusual suspect' since the thing began...hope he wins the fucker

EDIT: 'the fucker' being the uefa cup as england's governing body will never recognise anything other than winning the same thing with shedloads of money year in year out as it benefits their TV deals to do so

McClaren looked a witless chump at England, but he's not the first manager to fail in that job. Much like our (well my) own Sir Graham Taylor.

No mine. (Shook his hand the other week.  :aww:)

The FIFA rankings are a load of rubbish though.  You usually see that Mexico and the US up in the 10s all of the time.

Anyhow, IIRC Switzerland came last in the group.  We (Scotland) won 1-0 against them with a superb Ally McCoist volley at Villa Park.

Artur Jorge was in charge of Switzerland at Euro 96. Hodgson went out in the last 16 in 94 then qualified for 96 before moving to Inter.  It was their first fournaments they'd qualified for since the sixties.

Artur Jorge was in charge of Switzerland at Euro 96. Hodgson went out in the last 16 in 94 then qualified for 96 before moving to Inter.  It was their first fournaments they'd qualified for since the sixties.

Did Artur Jorge have a fantasic 'tash during '96?

i.e. is this the buggar?

http://i.eurosport.es/2006/03/07/259572-883486-317-238.jpg

Guest GAMMELL

Did Artur Jorge have a fantasic 'tash during '96?

i.e. is this the buggar?

http://i.eurosport.es/2006/03/07/259572-883486-317-238.jpg

:lol: Just look at that ronnie... dear me

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: nice.

I can't remember the last time I had such affection for a non-NUFC personality, mind. It's strange.

Not sure where to put it, but who else thinks Zamora should be given a chance in the friendlies before the WC?

19 goals this year, I think? You can't knock that - I'd wager that's more than Heskey, Crouch, Agbonlahor and Cole.

Guest Phil K

I'll join the Hodgson love in.

Excellent manager and the nearest you'll get to Sir Bob from the current crop.

Always baffled why he wasn't picked up until Fulham went for him

Thought it was an excellent move when they were in the sh*t.

And he's done great stuff.

I'll join the Hodgson love in.

Excellent manager and the nearest you'll get to Sir Bob from the current crop.

Always baffled why he wasn't picked up until Fulham went for him

Thought it was an excellent move when they were in the sh*t.

And he's done great stuff.

me too - quality!

Guest palnese

My best had him as coach a couple of times at Viking, here in Norway. He was shitscared of Hodgson, but still a fantastic motivator, with a lot of passion for the game and his players.

• 3 weeks later...