Doncaster v Newcastle - 19:45 Tuesday 23/03/10 pre-match thread

Guest toonlass

Another draw tbh. But I'm ok with that, especially with a patched up defence likely to play. They played nice football up here and nearly took a point and I don't think they'll scared of us at all. 2-2 again.

I have family in Doncaster, unfortunatly I could't go to the game with it being in midweek otherwise I would of went, I've been looking forward to it all season.

Anyway we must get 3 points here, not just because anything less will resut in me having aload of txt's and call taking the piss out of me but also because we are coming into games against teams who need points for the playoff's, promotion and to survive relegation, including this one aagainst Doncaster who will still feel they can break into the playoff's.

Anyway I'm not even goig to try and guess they score in this one, play like we did in the first 70 minutes today and we will be lucky with a point, play anything like we did for the last 20 minutes then I'll be making a few phone calls and txt's myself.

just checked, that was indeed Colo's 5th yellow card today.  Is there still a date whereby outstanding cards are wiped off and if so, has this passed?  If not, will he be suspended for this or Forest?

Some time this month, I'm not sure when though, if he is to be banned I hope it's for the Doncaster game.

Guest michaelfoster

99% sure it has already passed and so 5 yellow cards is no longer a booking. They don't get wiped though they continue to count and if you get to 10 it is a 2 game suspension. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong!

Nope i think your right.

Previously, players collecting five yellow cards prior to the final day in February were subject to a one-match suspension. This will now only apply if a player reaches five yellow cards before 31 December. Sanctions for players accumulating 10 and 15 cautions remain in place as do their respective amnesty periods.

Furthermore, if a player does accumulate the permitted number of cautions prior to a cut-off date then the suspension will now be automatic as opposed to the current seven day rule.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/NewsAndFeatures/2009/RedCardUpdate.aspx

1-1.

Could do with a win really to keep things rolling on but not at all sure we'll get it. Need to be a bit more positive away from hope and drop the players who clearly aren't up to it - Best. I realise Hughton has probably got to show a bit of faith in him seeing as he bought him but he doesn't look like scoring. Play Ranger instead.