Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The club comes first.

I've not got a problem with Hughton picking him whilst he's still doing the business. Promotion is the ultimate priority this season and playing a toerag who's scoring the goals to win us the points to get back up is justified imo. Deal with the situation in the summer and move one of them on in the summer if need be but let's get the club promoted first. 

Promotion is a stepping stone, not an end in itself. If Hughton is bowing to player power now we’ll be f***ed the next time the going gets tough.

It's the only thing that matters for the time being.

Hughton can deal with it after we're confirmed as being up. If that means selling one or the other, or both, then fair enough.

If dropping Carroll for a game or two is going to us cost promotion when were ten points clear of third with 8 games to go, our position in the league must be a fluke.

As always with Ashley’s NUFC we have no idea what is going on, but there was always going to be more to this than Taylor’s a c*** so everything is OK.

I'm actually quite pleased that NUFC haven't commented on the incident. Sometimes saying nowt is the right decision. I hope it's dealt with 'in-house'. We've washed our dirty linen in public far too often under previous chairmen in the not-so-distant-past...

Ignorance is bliss?

I'd rather the club said nothing than revealed all of the gory details about what went on. I'd much rather we continued winning games with a settled side for the time being and did whatever needed to be done when it suited us rather than the media.

I don’t want to know the gory details, only that the club understands dressing room indiscipline and professionalism don’t mix. Saying/doing nothing at all doesn’t do that.

:lol:

So the club should sort out matters of internal discipline in public just so that you can see whether they're doing it your way?

Guest toonlass

The club comes first.

I've not got a problem with Hughton picking him whilst he's still doing the business. Promotion is the ultimate priority this season and playing a toerag who's scoring the goals to win us the points to get back up is justified imo. Deal with the situation in the summer and move one of them on in the summer if need be but let's get the club promoted first. 

Promotion is a stepping stone, not an end in itself. If Hughton is bowing to player power now we’ll be f***ed the next time the going gets tough.

Hughton can deal with it after we're confirmed as being up. If that means selling one or the other, or both, then fair enough.

If dropping Carroll for a game or two is going to us cost promotion when were ten points clear of third with 8 games to go, our position in the league must be a fluke.

As always with Ashley’s NUFC we have no idea what is going on, but there was always going to be more to this than Taylor’s a c*** so everything is OK.

I'm actually quite pleased that NUFC haven't commented on the incident. Sometimes saying nowt is the right decision. I hope it's dealt with 'in-house'. We've washed our dirty linen in public far too often under previous chairmen in the not-so-distant-past...

Ignorance is bliss?

I'd rather the club said nothing than revealed all of the gory details about what went on. I'd much rather we continued winning games with a settled side for the time being and did whatever needed to be done when it suited us rather than the media.

I don’t want to know the gory details, only that the club understands dressing room indiscipline and professionalism don’t mix. Saying/doing nothing at all doesn’t do that.

Would you also discipline Taylor for sending texts/making inappropriate commets to Carroll's lass?

yes but a differing sort to that to someone for smashing someones jaw in a long line of violent incidents.

Absolutely. There is no excuse for breaking someone's jaw, but I don't believe Taylor is innocent in all of this.

so you are agreeing that they should both be disciplined, one for yet a nother violent offence and one for sending inappropriate texts ?

Aye, but I am not saying the disciplinary action should be the same for each.

The club comes first.

Ignorance is bliss?

Would you also discipline Taylor for sending texts/making inappropriate commets to Carroll's lass?

yes but a differing sort to that to someone for smashing someones jaw in a long line of violent incidents.

Absolutely. There is no excuse for breaking someone's jaw, but I don't believe Taylor is innocent in all of this.

so you are agreeing that they should both be disciplined, one for yet a nother violent offence and one for sending inappropriate texts ?

why ?

Guest toonlass

The club comes first.

Ignorance is bliss?

why ?

Wh do you think?

Guest malandro

The club comes first.

Ignorance is bliss?

So the club should sort out matters of internal discipline in public just so that you can see whether they're doing it your way?

No, they need to demonstrate that there is some internal discipline.

i wonder what peoples opinions would be if carroll were a reserve plodder and taylor had been still in the first team and perfroming well ?

It might have a bearing if Taylor didn't have previous history when it comes to negotiating a new contract. I see NOTW the leading national Sunday rag is trumpeting his cause today. Nice use of the media Steve. Very classy.

The club comes first.

Ignorance is bliss?

why ?

Wh do you think?

so what action do you think should be required for a player who has a police caution for a violent offence, is due in court for a violent offence, then breaks a team mates jaw for sending dodgy texts ?

i wonder what peoples opinions would be if carroll were a reserve plodder and taylor had been still in the first team and perfroming well ?

It might have a bearing if Taylor didn't have previous history when it comes to negotiating a new contract. I see NOTW the leading national Sunday rag is trumpeting his cause today. Nice use of the media Steve. Very classy.

bizzarre really....normaly anything in the news of the screws is a lie.....till you can use it to blacken somebody.

edit........"previous history when it comes to negotiating a contract"..........fucking hell :doh:

Guest toonlass

The club comes first.

Ignorance is bliss?

why ?

Wh do you think?

so what action do you think should be required for a player who has a police caution for a violent offence, is due in court for a violent offence, then breaks a team mates jaw for sending dodgy texts ?

No idea. Good job it's not up to me eh?

The club comes first.

Ignorance is bliss?

why ?

Wh do you think?

No idea. Good job it's not up to me eh?

good answer tbh.

Guest malandro

Can you blame him for wanting to get his side of things across? He’d have woken up in hospital the day after the Donny game, had his breakfast through a straw, picked up the papers to see the lad who hospitalised him being praised by his boss and hugged by his team-mates. Not like he’s getting a lot of support is it. Perhaps it was reading about what a cunt he is on the interweb that convinced him to use the media. 

Sounds like Taylor has decided to leave in the summer and not renew his contract over the incident according to the Sunbday papers. Big blow if true as while he's not an amazing defender we will have a job replacing him.

Sounds like Taylor has decided to leave in the summer and not renew his contract over the incident according to the Sunbday papers. Big blow if true as while he's not an amazing defender we will have a job replacing him.

IF TRUE.....and if we were looking in as neutrals we'd say "can't blame him"

Is the idea that taylor's a c*** just from the e-mail going around that he was a dick to Carroll in the jaw incident. He's never come across especially dickish to me.

people are more likely to believe it as it helps them to forgive carroll whatever.

People are being naive to the extreme believing that this 'disciplining' choice would have been down to Hughton. He may have had input, but ultimately it would have been Ashley calling the shots as it's his dough riding on the return to the greedy club.

People are being naive to the extreme believing that this 'disciplining' choice would have been down to Hughton. He may have had input, but ultimately it would have been Ashley calling the shots as it's his dough riding on the return to the greedy club.

So Hughton doesn't care about getting us promoted?

Wow ... this might turn out to be a blessing in disguise then. I really don't like Taylor as a centre back in the prem, especially beside Colo. We could do with someone more commanding and dominant in the air than Taylor in there. Thought even Williamson was looking more that kind of player than Taylor. Was already hoping Taylor would be moved out to right back instead next year, where he looks a much better player anyway.

Not losing any sleep over this if true.

Don't know if this has been posted. If true and Taylor wants to leave and Hughton has decided that he wants Carroll to stay than I think he's done the right decision.

We can buy a new defender for not much money. We already have Coloccini, Williamson and Kadar. But buying two new strikers (I think we would need a new striker anyway) could be very hard for us right after promotion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/27/steven-taylor-andy-carroll-newcastle

Steven Taylor is understood to feel badly betrayed by Newcastle United and now believes he has no future at the club. The former England Under-21 centre-half had his jaw broken in an alleged altercation with a team-mate, striker Andy Carroll last Sunday. Taylor, who spent two nights in hospital and required surgery, has been dismayed by the support Carroll is receiving both from within St James' Park and from Newcastle's supporters.

It seems Chris Hughton, Newcastle's manager – who resolutely refuses to comment on the incident – accepts the two Geordies can no longer work together and has decided the centre-forward is the player he wants to keep.

Carroll, currently on bail following an alleged nightclub assault and facing a crown court appearance on an actual bodily harm charge at the end of next month, was controversially selected to play at Doncaster last Tuesday night.

After Carroll scored the winner, Hughton – who rarely singles out players – praised his contribution. By Thursday night Carroll was photographed out on the town in Manchester at a rap concert, sporting bandages on both hands.

Back home in Newcastle Taylor was feeding through a straw and turning down requests to photograph his newly wired jaw. Those close to the player, arguably Newcastle's best defender, do not buy the view that he provoked Carroll in what is thought to have been an argument over a woman.

Carroll is thought to be part of a powerful dressing-room clique that Taylor has never really fitted into. Kevin Nolan is a key figure inside St James' Park and, significantly, the midfielder now shares an agent with Carroll. Taylor, meanwhile, was perhaps always too close to Hughton's predecessor Alan Shearer for the former Tottenham coach's liking. Taylor has only 14 months left on his contract and Newcastle are unhappy about the prospect of him leaving on a Bosman transfer in the summer of 2011. Selling him now would give them the chance to avoid doing so.

With a return to the Premier League now almost within touching distance, Hughton – whose side are at home to Nottingham Forest tomorrow night in a key Championship promotion clash – does not want either to disturb the dressing room's political power balance or risk jeopardising results by dropping a striker currently on a hot scoring streak.

Even so Carroll's continued involvement appears a thoroughly depressing victory for pragmatism over principles and Hughton has surely been diminished by the entire sorry affair.

Newcastle's manager won a UN commendation for anti-apartheid campaigning but as Carroll waved insouciantly to fans at Doncaster it seemed Hughton had suddenly lost sight of the bigger picture.

After doing brilliantly to keep Newcastle top of the table this season, he now looks weak and it is not impossible that this affair could yet spark a chain of events that may lead to him being replaced by a manager such as Mark Hughes or Steve McClaren next season.

Certainly in some uncannily prophetic comments a few weeks ago, Shearer spelt out a message his successor as Newcastle's manager should have been making plain. "Andy has a lot of talent but he needs to improve in almost every area," said Shearer. "There are also one or two things going on off the pitch he has to sort out. When you're in his position you can't keep making mistakes."

It is only thanks to Taylor's desire not to damage his home-town team's promotion bid that he declined to take part in the police investigation into the incident.

Meanwhile Hughton's handling of the affair raises questions as to whether Newcastle really have the right manager for the long term.

The jokes on you if you think GBH is a matter of internal discipline.

Let's face it, there are no winners in this. We need them both here but if they can't get on one will have to go to avoid any divides in the dressing room. Crazy way to have to let an important player leave.