Newcastle v Notts Forest - 19:45 Monday 29/03/10 Pre-match thread.

The Prophet

Harper

Simpson

Coloccini

Williamson

Enrique

Routledge

Guthrie

Nolan

Gutierrez

Lovenkrands

Carroll

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Ranger, Best, Barton, Butt, R.Taylor

This with Smith and Shola on the bench in place of Butt and one other. Would be suprised if Pancrate didn't make the bench given that he is a good impact sub. As we all know there will be at least one or two who are predicted to be fit that won't be.

What's a scab like?

A memeber of a union who is on strike who breaks off from striking to work. Back in the 84-85 miners strike most of the Midlands miners kept on working and about 96% of the Norht East miners were striking. So everybody was pi**ed off with them. Especially when some of them striked for a whole year. And by the end only 10% of Nottingham's miners were actually on strike :undecided:

What's a scab like?

A memeber of a union who is on strike who breaks off from striking to work. Back in the 84-85 miners strike most of the Midlands miners kept on working and about 96% of the Norht East miners were striking. So everybody was pi**ed off with them. Especially when some of them striked for a whole year. And by the end only 10% of Nottingham's miners were actually on strike :undecided:

Cheers mate.

Are these the only people who get offended by this then?

Cheers mate.

Mainly, they were shits during the strike. I can't remember anything like the miners strike during my life as we became a police state and striking miners were killed on the picket line.  Many thousands of miners were arrested on charges which hadn't been used for almost a century and the cases were dropped once the strike was over because they had no evidence.  Tens of thousands were charged and put under curfew to keep them away from the picket lines.

Cheers mate.

Mainly, they were shits during the strike. I can't remember anything like the miners strike during my life as we became a police state and striking miners were killed on the picket line.  Many thousands of miners were arrested on charges which hadn't been used for almost a century and the cases were dropped once the strike was over because they had no evidence.  Tens of thousands were charged and put under curfew to keep them away from the picket lines.

our coach stopped for a piss stop on way back from Blackburn easterish 84. we were stormed by police looking for flying pickets.

What's a scab like?

A memeber of a union who is on strike who breaks off from striking to work. Back in the 84-85 miners strike most of the Midlandsminers kept on working and about 96% of the Norht East miners were striking. So everybody was pi**ed off with them. Especially when some of them striked for a whole year. And by the end only 10% of Nottingham's miners were actually on strike :undecided:

East Midlands actually,Nottinghamshire specifically.They actually disowned the NUM and started their own breakaway union.

They sang 'You'll never got a job' to us in October, which really offended our lot. Led to many scab chants.

Gutted I'm missing this  :dowie:

long memories considering it goes back to the early (jobs) and mid (scabs) 80's.

My mate asked at the box office today how many they've sold so far and the lad said about 46,000 so far including the away fans, so i would imagine the attendance will be about 48,000.

If 46,000 are sold already before on the day sales then I reckon it'll sell out...

I hope it does as well. Blow other clubs out the water for Championship attendances and give the lads full backing in our last push for Promotion...

I've heard it's not quite that many and they are expecting around 45k, but they may have sold more over the weekend?

they've been poor on their travels of late (and at home by all accounts though picking up results)...let them worry about us.

routledge  guthrie  nolan  gutierrez

carroll   loven

if poss.

dont whats happening to enrique or simpson yet but those two with colo and willimason ought to be enough.

to put it into perspective they have lost thir last 7 aways off the bounce in all comps (6 in the league) and have won 2 out their last14 away games.

Think that will be the starting line-up.

They sang 'You'll never got a job' to us in October, which really offended our lot. Led to many scab chants.

long memories considering it goes back to the early (jobs) and mid (scabs) 80's.

Fans of Chile, when they're playing Bolivia, chant "Let's go to the beach!", referring to a war which resulted in Chile taking Bolivia's only stretch of Pacific coastline -- in 1879!

Passions ran very high during the miners' strike. I don't often get into fights, but I remember a conversation I had with a guy from Nottingham in a bar in Majorca quickly come to blows in summer 1985. Some Spaniards had to pull us apart.

Fans of Chile, when they're playing Bolivia, chant "Let's go to the beach!", referring to a war which resulted in Chile taking Bolivia's only stretch of Pacific coastline -- in 1879!

Passions ran very high during the miners' strike. I don't often get into fights, but I remember a conversation I had with a guy from Nottingham in a bar in Majorca quickly come to blows in summer 1985. Some Spaniards had to pull us apart.

i mean its fun to hear young lads whose politics would actually have been thatcherite had they been out if nappies shouting "scab".

i mean its fun to hear young lads whose politics would actually have been thatcherite had they been out if nappies shouting "scab".

Aye, indeed. And not even knowing what a scab is.