Newcastle v Notts Forest - 19:45 Monday 29/03/10 Pre-match thread.

The Prophet

Ronnie Gill and Hughton (:lol:) reckon there could be a full house for this like. But then again, Ronnie Gill is a clueless cunt and Hughtons not much better.

Either way, i'll be off my tits come kick off time.

I cant share the view that many people have that Forest will roll over whilst we steamroll them. This game is essentially their last hope of automatic promotion. They need to win and will be pulling out all the stops to do so, so dont look into previous form too much. I reckon a laboured 2-0 to us.

I thought they outplayed us at their place and I tend to agree they aren't going to roll over with so much being at stake. I expect them to raise their game for this one and if we are going to win we will need to pick the right side and take our chances on the day.

I think we'll be bang up for it and it sounds like we could have a very, very strong squad with the recent 4-4-2 personnel plus Barton and Ameobi from the bench, if required. Hoping it'll be a great game.

Towelie: Do you know if this match is on in Sweden? If so, is it on regular cable or do you have to pay?

I'm afraid it's not on tele in Sweden. TV4 Sport, who's got the rights to the Championship, are showing La Liga on Monday night instead. It's on bet365 livestreaming though, which is better than nowt.

Guest geordienorway

Towelie: Do you know if this match is on in Sweden? If so, is it on regular cable or do you have to pay?

I'm afraid it's not on tele in Sweden. TV4 Sport, who's got the rights to the Championship, are showing La Liga on Monday night instead. It's on bet365 livestreaming though, which is better than nowt.

Cheers.

Guest BooBoo

I cant share the view that many people have that Forest will roll over whilst we steamroll them. This game is essentially their last hope of automatic promotion. They need to win and will be pulling out all the stops to do so, so dont look into previous form too much. I reckon a laboured 2-0 to us.

I thought they outplayed us at their place and I tend to agree they aren't going to roll over with so much being at stake. I expect them to raise their game for this one and if we are going to win we will need to pick the right side and take our chances on the day.

I dont think they outplayed us. They had the first half and we had the second, with Nolan having a goal ruled out and Ranger missing an easy header late on. A draw would have been fair but they had the luck on the night.

Guest palnese

Cheers.

You can go to your local pub, if they've got Sky that is.

Hope we smash them. They celebrated like they'd won the league when they beat us. yet they had the nerve to claim they are the famous club.

To be fair they have won the European Cup twice.

Haha yeah, NF far more successful club in far more recent times.

Hope we smash them. They celebrated like they'd won the league when they beat us. yet they had the nerve to claim they are the famous club.

Haha yeah, NF far more successful club in far more recent times.

National Front?

Thats my point, if they're such a big club, then they shouldnt celebrate like they've won the European cup again after beating little old newcastle.

Thats my point, if they're such a big club, then they shouldnt celebrate like they've won the European cup again after beating little old newcastle.

Fair comment  :thup:

Only club to have won more European Cups than domestic league titles iirc.

"You're only here for the big club" sang the biggest crowd Forest have had at the City Ground all season, more than when they played Derby...

Along with "Sign on, sign on", a decade after the last Nottingham mines closed...

Hope the topic title is a deliberate :fishing: by the way

Only club to have won more European Cups than domestic league titles iirc.

Tbh, they were a massive club,in terms of status in the late 70s early 80s.

Traditionally though, We are a bigger club.

Guest toonlass

Was looking at the available tickets left for this, and a lot of the blocks that are showing "nearly sold out" have between 1 and 5 seats left in that block. We could have our highest gate of the season coming up, which would be fantastic for a monday night game.

Was looking at the available tickets left for this, and a lot of the blocks that are showing "nearly sold out" have between 1 and 5 seats left in that block. We could have our highest gate of the season coming up, which would be fantastic for a monday night game.

Possibly, but tickets sold isn't whats announced on the night, it's numbers through the turnstiles and for mid week night games a lot of ST holders don't go/can't go which is why some of our mid week attendances have been low eg WBA in particular.

Can't wait for this game.

Reckon we'll score early on, then just before half time and in the second half score a third on or around the 70 minute mark. Can't see them troubling us mind.

Guest tyzer

Ronnie Gill and Hughton (:lol:) reckon there could be a full house for this like. But then again, Ronnie Gill is a clueless c*** and Hughtons not much better.

Either way, i'll be off my tits come kick off time.

It would be great if there was over 50,000 there but i think it will be unlikely. There are still over 1500 tickets available for the gallowgate and east stand alone, and the seats in the leazes bar haven't even been on sale. I reckon we'll get about 48,500

On the subject of tickets. Gallowgate or SJH (L4 or L7)?? I've not sat in the gallowgate before and do fancy that (also the trek up to L7 nearly killed me last time) but I do want to get a good atmos for this big game and I've seen a few people on here saying the GG has been a bit quiet this season.

On the subject of tickets. Gallowgate or SJH (L4 or L7)?? I've not sat in the gallowgate before and do fancy that (also the trek up to L7 nearly killed me last time) but I do want to get a good atmos for this big game and I've seen a few people on here saying the GG has been a bit quiet this season.

shouldnt you be writing an essay about supermarkets manipulating customers?