Newcastle v Notts Forest - 19:45 Monday 29/03/10 Pre-match thread.

The Prophet

I cant share the view that many people have that Forest will roll over whilst we steamroll them. This game is essentially their last hope of automatic promotion. They need to win and will be pulling out all the stops to do so, so dont look into previous form too much. I reckon a laboured 2-0 to us.

If we fail to win we'll have not beaten either of two promotion rivals all season. I can't see that happening, when they beat us early season, I thought they were pretty poor and rather fortunate to hang on in the snd half when we battered them. They've also been pretty awful away from home of late, in fact all season, they've only won 4 games away from home. I think we'll win this one, and with it we'll be as good as up.

If we fail to win we'll have not beaten either of two promotion rivals all season. I can't see that happening, when they beat us early season, I thought they were pretty poor and rather fortunate to hang on in the snd half when we battered them. They've also been pretty awful away from home of late, in fact all season, they've only won 4 games away from home. I think we'll win this one, and with it we'll be as good as up.

I thought they were the last team in the league to be beaten away from home? Their away form ealrier in the season was definately very very good including up to jan/feb when they hammered WBA Away from home. EDIT they didn't lose away from home until February but have been ropey on the road since.

It will be a very hard game and one that we need to be at our best in to win.

Here's hoping in the unlikely event we do lose mind you, that suddenly we don't get all hysterical saying we're going to blow it, typical Newcastle, etc. etc. It'd still be 7 points they'd have to make up in 6 games.

Plus we'd still have a game in hand.

Here's hoping in the unlikely event we do lose mind you, that suddenly we don't get all hysterical saying we're going to blow it, typical Newcastle, etc. etc. It'd still be 7 points they'd have to make up in 6 games.

I have the same worry, not so much if we lose to Forest but the spill over effect. Knowing Newcastle, all it takes is for one screw up for everything to go tits up as everyone goes into panick overdrive.

Sooperfan me is gonna be going, first game of the season. My last game was fulham home last season. f***.

I'm ashamed to say it's my first game of this season too - i'll also be travelling up from Leeds.

I've got tickets for the Sheffield United and Ipswich games as well so i'm trying to make up for my poor support late on

Will be up for this one aswell, although my attendance hasn't been too bad this season. 8 home games and 4 away games so far, my best effort ever by some distance. Hope to get up for Blackpool and Ipswich if I can and will be at the QPR game one way or another.

I'm pretty confident we'll have enough to win this one, particularly as it looks like we could have a full squad bar Saylor. It won't be a cakewalk but I can see it being an exciting game, maybe something like 3-2 to us.

Guest jeffers09

Leon Best overhead kick last min rebounds of Forests  crossbar on to the foot of billy davies  which somehow gathers pace to loop over Harpers head with the ref allowing goal to stand and Davies brakes into the robot dance

We don't need to win this game because a draw is no use to Forest.

However, if we have any balls we will go for the coup de gras and finish any chance of them catching us.

If Lovenkrands makes it we will win comfortably.

We need to step on their throat to prove our credentials.

Mathematically promotion is not guaranteed; however, it is looking good.

To me this game represents a chance to say "fook the lot of ya - we are quality".

We don't need to win this game because a draw is no use to Forest.

However, if we have any balls we will go for the coup de gras and finish any chance of them catching us.

If Lovenkrands makes it we will win comfortably.

I'd love Lovenkrands to score and just wheel away in delight like he did against Boro at Home last season.

Guest geordienorway

Towelie: Do you know if this match is on in Sweden? If so, is it on regular cable or do you have to pay?