Newcastle v Notts Forest - 19:45 Monday 29/03/10 Pre-match thread.

The Prophet

I think the crowd in the stand will be up for this, and will give the lads on the pitch the edge (or at least I hope).

This is not always a good thing - remember the Play off game against the Mackems in 1990...?

Also, the FA Cup game with Wimbledon after all the hype about Vinny Jones and Gazza - the crowd were well wound up and hostile, but it was Newcastle that buckled under the home crowd pressure and the Dons turned us over 1-3, with that horrible item Wise getting one of their goals...

We had the best support at the 74 Cup Final against Liverpool, yet the players froze on the day...

That is why I made the point earlier that we will see just how good the management are because they will need to get the team into just the right frame of mind for this game - we will also see what sort of character these players are made of......

If they play like WBA did against us at our place or like they did at WBA s place, we might struggle. It will be close though.

Don't think they will. Think WBA are a better team than Forest. Also Forest's away form has been really poor recently and all season.

And we are in our best home form this season. Scoring goals for fun and conceding goals when it doesn't matter anymore.

Think we'll win comfortably.

There all convinced that they will turn us over, I hope we f***ing rape them !!!

I work with a lad who supports them and says they'll get a good stuffing. He also reckons that promotion would be more of a hinderence on their progression as he doesn't believe they're ready for it.

There all convinced that they will turn us over, I hope we f***ing rape them !!!

I work with a lad who supports them and says they'll get a good stuffing. He also reckons that promotion would be more of a hinderence on their progression as he doesn't believe they're ready for it.

Funny you should say that because I read somewhere today that most WBA fans think the same thing about their team. Seems as though they are all having too much fun in the CCC.

If we go at Forrest we'll win because they'll not be able to cope, I just hope that we're not going to be over cautious.  If we are too cautious then we could give them a chance, I don’t think that we will be over cautious and I think they will be on the right end of  a heavy defeat.

If we go at Forrest we'll win because they'll not be able to cope, I just hope that we're not going to be over cautious.  If we are too cautious then we could give them a chance, I dont think that we will be over cautious and I think they will be on the right end of  a heavy defeat.

The trick to this game is retention of possession. If we allow them too much possession, they haver decent pace and could hurt us. However, if we can retain possessioin ourselves, I see us as a more creative team. We need to come out of the blocks hard from the start and if we can get that early goal, we will win. If not, the longer the games goes on with us scoring, we might struggle.

If we go at Forrest we'll win because they'll not be able to cope, I just hope that we're not going to be over cautious.  If we are too cautious then we could give them a chance, I don’t think that we will be over cautious and I think they will be on the right end of  a heavy defeat.

Cautious.

Could be another Cardiff if we get an early one.

Cautious.

Not a cautious use of the word cautious there, I agree.

Cautious.

Not a cautious use of the word cautious there, I agree.

I'd be cautious of agreeing with me if I were you, I'm not very cautious in my decisions...

ever since we ended up here, all the teams we play against think we're too big for our boots, carp on about our support, whinge about the size of our crowd, think we're deluded, jealousy or what.The forest mo appear to be no different,yet they're all desperate to play here in front of a big crowd,highlight of their season etc etc  they're even still whinging about '74 what gives with them all?