Sunderland...

Heron

I am not convinced he will do well for them, I don't believe he really has a passion for the game any more and he has became a manager who expects 10's of millions to spend in every transfer window. They are not going to invest as much as Villa did and in the end he waled away when they said enough is enough on the massive spending.

Guest johnson293

If he wasn't already a hero because of the 'sunderland supporter as a boy' thing, they have another reason to hero worship him too...

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=649917

:facepalm:

Martin O'Neill has today revealed the much fabled 'Sunderland Tattoo' he's had since he was a boy....

http://www.iol.co.za/polopoly_fs/iol-new-spic-shit-tattoo-1.1190956!/image/1293636716.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_300/1293636716.jpg

Guest ykmkmdd

I can see them maybe becoming a settled 9th to 12th placed side, no more.

I agree, and I think MON will get frustrated with that limitation in less than 2 seasons and be on his bike.

Short term he's better than Bruce and will keep them up but at the end of the day they'll still be mackems.

Don't rate O'Neil at all so I ':lol:' when I heard this. Mid-table tastic!

Yep, keep saying theres a glass ceiling on that club upper mid table, It would take about 300million to smash. That we regular achieve above it is just unbearable to the Maklbanians. When MON gets them to mid table -below us smb in fighting will ensue :lol:

Great appointment after the initial mackem and press gushing I expect it to end in very expensive tears.

I'd have been much more concerned had they gone for a younger manager on the up. This appointment is in the mould of the previous ones but they don't seem to learn.

Time scale for him to go from "childhood Sunderland supporter one of us" to "get out of our club you Irish bastard" approx 2-3 years. Possibly less.

Great appointment after the initial mackem and press gushing I expect it to end in very expensive tears.

I'd have been much more concerned had they gone for a younger manager on the up. This appointment is in the mould of the previous ones but they don't seem to learn.

Time scale for him to go from "childhood Sunderland supporter one of us" to "get out of our club you Irish bastard" approx 2-3 years. Possibly less.

Spot on

a while back i used to think "it'd be interesting to see what o'neill and allardyce could do with larger clubs" i didn't want us to be the experiment and unfortunatly we were. that was then and football has moved on a hell of a lot but i don't think either of them have, i fear some safc fans are going to have to look at football again as they'll get exactly what they want (looking on rtg, big man up front, pacy winger) and may well realise that they have to move on.

If MON flops at Sunderland, SAFC will doomed to always be a never club. If Short gives MON the financial backing, they SHOULD be able to get into the top 10 consistently maybe after 2 seasons?

Great move for them. Let's hope it doesn't work out.  :shifty:

Will all the mackems start to think they are Irish again now like they did when Roy Keane was there?

:lol:

keane, quinn, Dumbville consortium?, O, Neil..... Nick nack Paddy Mack.

they'll not be able to use the irish exodus as an excuse for their crowds again. they'll just have to stick with the economy, dead people etc etc etc.

Will all the mackems start to think they are Irish again now like they did when Roy Keane was there?

they'll not be able to use the irish exodus as an excuse for their crowds again. they'll just have to stick with the economy, dead people etc etc etc.

Just talking to MOn , has guaranteed them 40k vs blackburn on SMB

Guest johnson293

Imagine if the BBC only heard 'O'Neill says yes to Sunderland' and ran with that, and it was actually former Newcastle striker and current Shamrock Rovers manager Michael O'Neill they were close to appointing, rather than Martin.

Just talking to MOn , has guaranteed them 40k vs blackburn on SMB

surely 39,995 as out of that many some must've died.

He's a major upgrade on Bruce... He'll have some sort of plan... It was never clear to me what Bruce was trying to do with their squad...

No he won't. Not in a meaningful way, and if you wonder what Bruce was trying to do with their squad, take a look at the pig's ear he made of our squad - 35 year olds on 40k a week, buying two entire defences in consecutive seasons, buying players he then never uses, thinking wage bills are something that don't matter.

He's a better manager than Bruce, but he's in no way some kind of planning genius, far from it.